• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Probuphine - dosing

Hammilton

Bluelighter
It looks likely that Probuphine will be approved by the FDA within a year or so. I have been trying to determine what dose of suboxone they want people on before changing over. If I read one study correctly, 4 to 5 of the implants (80mg each) results in a dose of 1 to 1.3mg/day. They're a six month thing.

That seems very low, because at the start of the study they had people at 12mg+

How they avoided withdrawal, though, I don't know.

That was an early study. Has anything else been made public? I'd like to transfer to Probuphine the minute I'm able to, and if I need to change my dose now to prepare, I would like to. The prospect of no longer needing to take a gross orange flavored listerine- like strip and hold it under my tongue for an hour every day. Actually, the not needing to worry about running out early part really makes me want to switch.

Also, they're talking about 4 or 5 or even more strips? I'm wondering if maybe they've altered their formulation so that there would be fewer plastic sticks in people's arms.

I wonder what their street value will be. I suppose it depends how easy they are to consume via alternative routes. If you can chew or snort or smoke them they'll be pretty valuable. 80mg in a tiny stick.

It would probably be best if you went in every three months, got two of them inserted at a time, switched off, so you weren't feeling like crap at the end of the six months. Or maybe there is enough left that it doesn't happen.

Doesn't the six month duration worry you? What if you get into an accident or something else happens and need analgesia?

He could wear a medical information bracelet, as people with severe antibiotic allergies do. They can break through the receptor 'blockade' with fentanyl or an analogue.

ebola

The FDA is asking them for evidence that this can be done safely in a doctor's office. It's not a question of efficacy or safety.

Given that similar implants are already approved I'm pretty sure they'll get that evidence in short order and then their approval.

with a dose of around 2mg per day they can easily break through with a full agonist, or they can administer more buprenorphine.

Sounds like a great tool for getting off bupe for good to me, if the doctors and patients involve keep the dose as low as possible; should be some discomfort for a few days but not like going cold turkey.

Gets you out of the habit of dosing everyday, and if you can forget when you got it you won't even know when its running out so you can't hype up the withdrawals in your head. Plus the dose is low enough there shouldn't really be any withdrawals.

I think if I were going to ask for it then I'd try to lay off the strips for 36+ hours before getting it, and get as little as possible, give it a few days, and if I still weren't comfortable go back for another implant.

Well, you have to go back in an have it removed at the six month mark. I don't think you can just leave it in forever.

Sorry, hadn't actually read about "proneura", just assumed it dissolved like a naltrexone implant. Well the rest holds true.

The FDA is asking them for evidence that this can be done safely in a doctor's office. It's not a question of efficacy or safety.

Given that similar implants are already approved I'm pretty sure they'll get that evidence in short order and then their approval.

with a dose of around 2mg per day they can easily break through with a full agonist, or they can administer more buprenorphine.

The stock market isn't as sure as you are. Look what happened in May after the FDA announcement. But if you're confident, buy now and get rich!