• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

problems with short term memory loss starting, can't find the motivation to quit

noone1

Bluelighter
I've been experiencing a really bad brain fog lately that's really starting to scare me. My short term memory has always been problematic and my family has a history of Alzheimer's so I am not exactly thrilled to be speeding it up with the drug use.

I've posted about this before but my problem is I am a "contained user" my drug use is not out of hand. I've never done anything that has brought about consequences because of my drug use. I've gone to work distressingly high and no one has ever said anything to me, my natural anxiety is so bad I can control my actions no matter how fucked up I get.

I have a drug schedule I adhere to. It's hard to want to get help when you aren't at rock bottom.

Can intermittent opiate use and withdrawal cause memory problems? I am high on opiates half the week the other I am withdrawing. I am able to maintain this schedule because of poppy teas long half life. Add in moderate drinking, phenibut and I also take in about a small bottle of DXM every 1-2 weeks.

Just typing this up I have to go back and have to fix several dyslexic type comments.

I feel a bit the same way at times man. And a grandmother with Alzheimer's...
Going back to do some further studies in a few weeks, and frankly i'm a bit concerned about the memory thing.
Feels from my end that weed started this off, a 10 year opiate habit reinforced it - and then a couple of years of outrageous benzo use ravaged my memory.
Am currently thinking about nootropics and/or allegedly cognition-enhancing herbs like brahmi.

I would suggest that GABAergic drugs (like phenibut) are a bad idea, based upon their similarity to benzos.
And if you can, stay the hell away from (especially RC) benzos.

But honestly, that whole "needing to hit 'rock bottom' before seeking treatment" thing is cliched nonsense IMO.
It would be far wiser to look at it a different way and try to sort things out before it gets too hard - rather than because it got too hard.