• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

PROBLEMS WITH DR.

euphoricc

Bluelighter
so i went for my monthly meeting with my psych dr my last one a ols man retired so a young lady came on in ok well i am on sublocade 1800mg of gabapentin and -5mg klonopin she lost her mind on me~! Saying these druge dont help anxiety BUT~!!!!!!!!!! THEY DO THIS COMBO WORKS FOR ME TO LIVE AND FUNCTION so back to her how can i say this to her its what work`s for me~!.......so f--ed uppp

this is not appropriate material for nspd
ok ya i figured it was not right here but since u a mod how about ya move it to homeless bud>? if u already did I AM SORRY i had to talk to someone ;) soooooooooooooooo thanks but a response is great please move it

Yeah that's fucked up, hopefully she doesn't abruptly stop all your meds. It's reasonable to be surprised that someone is on 3 types of downers but to have that kind of reaction seems unprofessional.

I guess i'll move this to Drug Culture(?) for you. You might get bounced from there but i'm not sure where to put this.

I'm not sure what you can do except to provide a good impression, and calmly and rationally explain how they've helped you.

Your doctor may still not listen. Some doctors just suck. If that happens I'm not sure what other options there are besides trying to get another doctor who you can communicate with better.

Most doctors are shifty motherfuckers who have absolutely no idea what they are doing

Yeah I fear the day my doctor retires he remembers when TCAs were rolled out for the first time... if that dates him lol. For some reason only old doctors got training on necessary downer maintenance. Young doctors are just told not to prescribe anything “abusable” it seems. Had multiple lie to me and say they’re not legally allowed to script me .25mg alpraz... wtf man? Went to my old man GP and he was like here’s six months of .5mg twice daily, let me know if you become tolerant and we’ll up it since it’s the only thing that reduces your GI pain.

My point being... as ironic as it is, only old doctors are cool with people being medicated to live better lives. Young people have been taught that sobriety is the only true way to morally live or something. I don’t get it.

Admittedly OP, your medications are high, and multiple downers at once... no doctor under the age of 60 would ever consider that. 5mg cpam along with everything else? I mean jees...

Hope it works out for you. You may have to find a new doctor or you may have to find a way to taper down to more manageable dosages of these drugs. Ultimately only a medical professional can make that decision.

Last edited:
My point being... as ironic as it is, only old doctors are cool with people being medicated to live better lives. Young people have been taught that sobriety is the only true way to morally live or something. I don’t get it.

I get it. Apart from younger doctors having been trained differently, older doctors, like older people, are a lot more likely to have seen first hand just what pain does to people, and the futility of life for life's sake without regard to the quality of it.

It's not universally true, but on average younger people are probably much less likely to really 'get' the impact of chronic suffering. And so less likely to take it seriously.