• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Problem

Bigdog379

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

I need help cleaning up a spill on a semiporous and nonporous object that has methadone and PCP on it.

Any ideas?

I'm thinking of using citric acid since it is nonpolar to get rid of the methadone, and then hitting the spot with bleach and soap/hot water mixture.

Citric acid is not non polar it's a lie pH compound that binds to freebase compounds to make a usually water soluble citrate salt. Things like ether and naphtha are solvents that are non polar while water is polar and acetone and ethanol is a bit of both.

You're really not explaining this well enough. What did you spill a liquid or powder and on exactly what. Although it sounds like you need to accept this as a loss most likely.

Ooooh my bad you just want to clean it not rescue it. I would just add isopropyl alcohol to whatever you use to clean it as the isopropyl and water mixture should pick up everything as far as drugs be they a non polar or polar soluble substance.

I'm not sure if it was a liquid or powder but my guess would be liquid. Its on a stainless steel sink, a dishwasher and an oven.

So i can use the citric acid and then wipe up the salt with water?

Thank you for the response.

Do you think bleach would help also?

Possibly bleach and vinegar.

I want to take a multi approach to this.

Also wouldn't the alcohol redeposit the drugs in the dishwasher since it is made of plastic? Sorry for all the questions..

You're really over thinking this. Do the alcohol wash to dissolve it into the alcohol, which most should soak into whatever towel or paper towel you're using and then just clean as you would any spill.

The only reason to react the way you are is if you spilled fentanyl or something active via transdermal paths especially if lethal in low doses. The pcp is definitely a concern, but it should clean up easily.

Bleach is unnecessary. It depends on if we're talking about PCP base or hydrochloride salt. If theyre both salts, you can just use water to clean them up. If you're​ unsure, I would start with water and then use isopropanol or acetone. That should get rid of everything.

That would probably still work fine, but it takes only a couple extra minutes to do it separately, and it might work better. A solutes solubility doesn't linearly correspond to the quantity of each liquid in a mixed solvent like isopropanol and water.

Thanks guys! Will the alcohol be safe to use on porous items? Meaning will it redeposit the drugs?

I'm not sure that I know what you mean by redeposit. If you use any sort of liquid to clean it up, you'll the powder will dissolve in the liquid and you'll have to soak up all the liquid to get rid of all the drug. However, if you can't soak it all up, you can just go over it a couple times and then you should get rid of everything.

You're really over thinking this as said above will happen any traces left behind would be miniscule.

I read online that alcohol will redeposit the drugs on a porous object. That the alcohol will lift up the drug but it will allow the remains to dig deeper into a porous object afterwards.

I think it would help us to know what the porous object is. If the liquid is absorbed in the process, then yes it could absolutely end up deeper

If you're really this paranoid I think they are right just set it on fire..... You are really over thinking this just clean it... It's been what two days now?

Im cleaning the leather in my car

Also my dishwasher

Im sorry, i mean would it be better that i clean it with iso and then wipe off the iso before it dries?

Last edited by a moderator: