• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

problem when smoking weed :(

kyleswagmuni420

Greenlighter
Okay so the last time i blazed some maryjane i fucking almost died i believe. I smoked 2 blunts with my nigga jon and i started to have the feeling where i couldn't breath and my heart started beating really fast and it felt like i had something stuck in my throat. Felt like my throat was closing up and it was getting harder and harder for me to breathe, now everytime i smoke some weed this shit happens to me and it makes me really freak the fuck out.......... I don't really know what this problem is and my doctors says everythings okay when i had my chest xrayed and my throat checked. I don't wanna stop smoking marijuana cause it is legit a problem solver for me i can preform way better when i'm under the influence of maryjane and i wanna know if there is any way i can stop this? or what it could be? i really want to start smoking maryjane again but this causes me not to and it's hard to just stop smoking cold turkey but i can't help it and this has cause me sleep insomnia and i get headaches all the time (from quitting cold turkey). Does anyone have any ideas on what it might be and ways i can stop it? Btw i'm only 17 so i don't think i got cancer or anything serious.
please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: I don't think that it's me being paranoid cause i usually enjoy smoking weed cause weed is life. Another thing is it feels like my throat is swalling up and it feels like i'm choking on the flap thingy in my throat (>.>)

Last edited:
Yeah, sounds like you're starting to get anxiety when you smoke, happened to me, happened to lots of others too. Taking smaller less frequent hits may be all you need to do. Might take a break for a bit more and get some benedryl for sleep and advil for the headaches.

yeah sometimes weed tends to 'turn' on its users. just take it slower or switch to more sedating strains. sounds like an anxiety issue to me. consider your set and setting as well. :)

It's all in your head OP. I have experienced similar effects, albeit to a much lesser degree. Try sticking to indicas strains if possible as blank said, as the high CBD content counters some the THCs negative psychological effects. Just remember you won't die, even if it feels like you are going to.