• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Probably a stupid question, but....

Ringo88

Bluelighter
Could drink 3/4 a beer 21 hours after I took 10mg hydrocodone cause respiratory depression or hurt my liver? I also take 10mg of Valium every day. I know this probably sounds really, really stupid, but I just want to be sure. I've already done it, I stopped after 3/4 of 1 beer. I was out eating celebrating me moving into my new place on Saturday. I also take Prozac, which I read could slow the metabolism of Hydrocodone. I'm very OCD, but I just want to make sure.

Well you already took it, so it doesn't matter what I say noe, odds are you will be fine, there is no reason that I can think of that would cause harm. But just be careful and try not to over do it.

I don't plan on drinking or taking anything else, except my prescribed medication. I just want to make sure my liver won't get damaged or that I'll have breathing issues.

No, you probably would od if you drank a lot. Alcohol and Opioid are both depressant. They'll probably amplified the effects of each other. Just make sure you don't take too many meds at the same time.

Thanks for the replies guys. Just to make clear, I didn't drink 3 or 4 beers, I drank ALMOST a SINGLE beer. I don't plan on drinking anything else, I'm just going to take my other 5mg of Valium before I go to bed. I took a 10mg of Hydrocodone last night, I drank the beer (3/4 of one) 21 hours later. I should be ok, right?

Thank you crzydiamond :) I'm so OCD and Panicky about this stuff that I will convince myself something is wrong, when I know I'm fine. I know it's silly, but getting reassurance just helps me... Shine on :)

No, you probably would od if you drank a lot. Alcohol and Opioid are both depressant. They'll probably amplified the effects of each other. Just make sure you don't take too many meds at the same time.
Whoa whoa whoa! He took 10mgs of Vicodin yesterday I don't think he has to worry about oding Dr. House! Anyway you are fine you won't get respiratory depression from anything related to 10mgs of hydrocodone taken a day before. Also won't have any affects with your drinking today,positively or negatively! Not with the hydro anyway!