Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

primordial ooze and slimy, stringy globs of snot-like vomit... while tripping

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
encounters of the gelatinous kind

A lot of metaphors that arise during tripping are light and fluffy, perhaps the product of an associative imagination. Well not these ones folks. These are metaphors you can poke a stick at. Here's the metaphor: energy likes to flow and when it doesn't it stagnates. What exactly is flowing and stagnating is poorly defined, but we can feel it when its released, and well here's where it's hard to disconnect the metaphor from the manifestation: in some cases we can get shockingly bizarre and unpleasant physical excretions in the form of ooze and slime. Anyways, I've never been one to dwell on this stuff. Down the drain it goes. I had some recollections about it last night though and a few really strange occurrences in my life that I suppose I'll share. The good news is on the other side we feel lighter and refreshed, our energies all sparkly and clean. The reality remains that we can have some strange encounters of the gelatinous kind while tripping and I've heard enough stories about it that I thought I'd start a thread on it.

Let me start:

—> This one trip on mushrooms, I decided to take a bath during the come-up. As the shrooms came on I felt like a limp soggy mass floating in a pond. My eyes were closed and I saw green everywhere. This pond was in full algal bloom. Tadpoles and frogs were swimming through it. After a long time laying there in this cesspool of filth I couldn't take it anymore. I stood up and spent the next 20 or so minutes wringing what felt like slime from my extremities. I showered and pulled the plug on the drain. To my horror the water in the bathtub was viscous. Not like jelly or anything, but something way thicker than water.

—> This one trip with my sister really stands out. My sister is really afraid of tripping but has always been curious about it so I sort of proposed a suitable compromise with some DOC I had. We both took about 1 mg, which is a light dose by most peoples standards but will definitely add a psychedelic touch to your day. Anyways, we had a really great time talking. We got into some really deep and personal topics. There were tears, hugs and laughter. Later I was totally baseline and so was she except perhaps the faintest of glows. I went out to see a movie. During the movie she calls me. She was throwing up something so otherworldly she was freaking out. Snotty, slimy strings the likes of which she had never thought possible. She said she was literally pulling ropes of this stuff with her hands out of her mouth. Anyways, I never saw the evidence (grateful), but later that night I had to drive her to the emergency room for some intense kidney pain. Turns out she was passing a kidney stone. Good thing too, if it had stayed much longer without passing the doctors said it would have had to be surgically removed.

Well, there we have it, those stories stand out to me though I have many more. Perhaps someone has a better explanation for this other than my interpretation of stagnant energy or perhaps some strange stories of your own to share. Honestly, this topic makes my stomach churn and I'm gonna go take a shower now. Have a great lunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drugs are dirty, impure. They make you feel gross (unless youve come accustomed to it and enjoy feeling gross) they make you subconsciously hold on to energies you would normally be letting go of and that stops you from flowing properly. Physical manifestation of this might be swallowing your snot? To be puked up later? Just an idea. Maybe heightened sense of perception allowed you to force some grossness out? Kidney stones from dehydration? I smoke weed so I'm used to coughing up grossness.

Drugs can make you feel dirty as shit. They can make you feel fuckin' awesome too. We're talking about psychedelics here, I think it's more accurate to say they can amplify your emotional state. In the above example with the shrooms, I was personally feeling very depressed at the time stuck in a job I hated, in a foreign country with few friends and a blossoming alcohol addiction. As for my sister, she's been afraid of death her whole life and has had major issues with fear and anxiety.

One way of looking at it that throws scientific rigor out the window is that emotion has a powerful effect on water. Add a psychedelic to the mix which acts as an emotional amplifier of sorts and perhaps you can affect aqueous solutions.

That's a pseudo-scientific explanation but I can back it with some more pseudo-science. Dr. Masaru Emoto produced some pretty pictures of ice crystals formed in the presence of emotional states that caught the collectives imagination. Who knows, but the fact that when stagnant energy flows we feel so much better has gotta be worth something. Maybe theres a more scientific explanation, like fear causes us our body to make pectin-like molecules or maybe other have stories of a similar nature. If not, oh well, this'll get flushed down the queue. Personally the topic interests me.

Dr. Masaru Emoto interview link: http://www.life-enthusiast.com/miraculous-messages-from-water-a-21.html

That emotional ice crystals thing was debunked... nonsense, if you select the images you want you can make them look any way you want.. huge bias, very pseudo yeah ^

I've seen balloons and couches inflate and time go in reverse, or could taste the color red as it melted over my brain when I combined psychedelics with nitrous... that doesn't mean I take any of it seriously. Honestly, you believe water somehow became viscous?

Also about dirtyness and cleanliness, I've had trips where I felt like everything was perfect and pure as in a cartoon and other trips in nature where I felt like the jungle was attacking me and I would never feel alright again.

Your outlook is ridiculously amplified, that's how it works with psychedelics. In reality, nothing supernatural or special happens. That's not to say you can't appreciate how special that normality is on psychedelics, which is a gift we can cherish.

In reality, nothing supernatural or special happens. That's not to say you can't appreciate how special that normality is on psychedelics, which is a gift we can cherish.

Oh yeah, I did cherish it, maybe one time too many. Personally the strange stuff that happens to me I don't discard. I ain't contrarian or superstitious, but perhaps a slight agenda against a view of reality that denies me the ability to integrate my experiences. It's happened a lot in human history that so called impossible observations became the new science. The rugs of scientists are full of observations they've swept under there. We're entitled to sweep anything we want under our rugs. If I could taste red though I'd be like, oh cool, so that's what red tastes like. Can I do it again? Is the experience repeatable? Etc, etc. All that voodoo stuff like praying to some weird entity I've never heard of was never for me. Freeing up emotional garbage is useful. A bathtub full of viscous water, strange but I suppose I could have been a lot of mucous and I was tripping. It ain't supernatural if it's natural. Not dwelling, just telling. Didn't realize the ice crystals thing was debunked. Bummer, I liked the images

Ice crystals may be debunked but your thoughts still manifest as vibrations that are sent out to the universe. Your eyes show you exactly what you need to see whether your sober or not the universe is telling you something. Nothing is supernatural everything is a part of nature.

for me, the most intense physical difference I feel on my body while tripping is the perception of my hair. I thought it was just the result of increased tactile sensations until a few times at festivals my hair seemed to physically change when I tripped. Usually when my hair accumulates grease it gets itchy and my scalp gets sensitive, but when I was at a festival on DOC it separated into different locks which felt really greasy but with a different type of grease than usual. It felt like it was about to dread itself if I left it like that for a week or so, which my hair has certainly never felt like that before especially not simply from accumulating grease. Either way it was odd, and I don't necessarily write it off as impossible. Lol everything about that trip was seriously like I went super saiyan.

Your hair grows right out of your crown chakra, the highest frequency chakra we can perceive at our level. I believe the hair does possess some spiritual power but ancient monks would shave their heads as not to be distracted by what it could perceive

No they don't.
I've seen it with my eyes, just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Our physical self can only perceive 7 colors and can only hear on a certain range of frequencies, that doesn't mean this is the only spectrum. It only means that what we perceive was specifically meant to be seen by our eyes and heard by our ears.

The light and sound frequencies we can't perceive can be (and have been) recorded by scientific instruments. There is no evidence whatsoever that our thoughts "manifest as vibrations that are sent out to the universe." That is completely unsupported nonsense.

Our physical self can only perceive 7 colors and can only hear on a certain range of frequencies, that doesn't mean this is the only spectrum.

Then how come that I can name more than seven colors even without resorting to physics and naming them by their wavelength?

I had an acid trip once where my nose was running like faucet, like thick, dark and constant for the duration of the trip. It was extremely disconcerting! The snot wasn't like a normal runny nose snot, it was like I cumming snot outta my nose for hrs and hrs, lots of it. I figured whoever made the acid must've been sick at the time and I somehow caught their cold and the LSD just magnified the intensity x100. I had a friend with me and he couldn't believe how much snot was coming outta my face so I know I wasn't imagining it. Really crazy shit! My buddy was just fine and enjoyed his trip very much so I still don't really know what to make of it. Needless to say my tripping days are over lol.