• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

prescription drug combo and od's

hamada887

Greenlighter
hi all looking to get some advice on how prescription drugs and ods happen. i currently take a combo of panadeine forte 500/30mg (paracetemol/codeine), valium, lyrica and rikodeine cough medicine. i have been taking the panadeine forte for about 8 months now, i currenrlt take 4 3 times a day, two 5mg valiums one in early afternoon and one at late afternoon, 1400-1500mg lyrica once at late afternoon and rikodeine twice a day early afternoon and late afternoon 70 mls each time.

i take 4 panadeine fortes with a 5mg valium and 70mls rikodine at around 3 pm, then 1400-1500 mg lyrica at around 4.30-5pm then two hours later a 5mg valium and 4 panadeine fortes and 70mls rikodeine two hours after the lyrica. i hardly feel anything from the panadeine fortes on their own so i think i have a tolerance to them. the lryica makes me feel like im very drunk and like my mind is sorta "flipping" when it kicks in, when i add the valium and the panadeine fortes and rikodine i feel a very pleasant feeling but at the same time hard to breathe, i have been doing this for about 2 months now. i have little experience with any other drugs apart from marijuwana.

my concerns are the how exactly does a "od" happen, i have a worry that i will stop breathing in my sleep, i have read somewhere that this has happened, my doctor who precribes the valium says that mixing with panadeine forte on its own you can stop breathing at anytime and that it just happens like that, i can handle that feeling though and love the combo to much to give it up, my only concern is that it will happen in my sleep, so can you od in your sleep or are you safe after the high has wore off, any advice would be much appreciated.

Yes, that combo could potentially lead to respiratory depression. You wont breathe efficiently and could pass out and die. Its not fun and really this cocktail isnt the safest, but at least you have some tolerance.

Hi, thank the reply, but when you say pass out, do you mean while im on it, or even when I havent taken it, could it happen while im sleeping?

If you're genuinely concerned I would just consult your doctor and let him be aware of your concerns. The combo your on can definitely cause problems with respiratory depression, however; if it's helped you and you haven't noticed and severe side effects If I were you, then I would continue using the meds as directed.

Stay safe buddy,
-MF4M

^You can also call your pharmacist. A lot of pharmacists are criminally underrated insofar as the knowledge most people think they possess. A lot of people see them only as glorified drug dealers, but they're much more than that.

My pharmacist has given me some of the best prescription advice I've ever come across, much of the more complicated questions' answers not being easily accessible on the Internet.

^You can also call your pharmacist. A lot of pharmacists are criminally underrated insofar as the knowledge most people think they possess. A lot of people see them only as glorified drug dealers, but they're much more than that.

My pharmacist has given me some of the best prescription advice I've ever come across, much of the more complicated questions' answers not being easily accessible on the Internet.
Yeah our resident pharmacist has already posted in this thread..
To answer your question, od will happen right after consumption, the first thing you'll notice is shallow breath, then numbness, then black, if youre lucky, you come out of that blackness to paramedics with oxygen masks and narcan..

- Hopeless

Scary stuff, thanks to all who posted replies, i no longer drink rikodiene as much and am on a plan with my doctor to cut down on the fortes to 4 a day, although knowing how od happen is good to know, thanks again to all who replied.

Overdoses due to Central Nervous System Depressants are lethal by arresting the Respiratory Process (you stop breathing, leading to hypoxia and eventual death). What makes the combinations especially dangerous - they're dangerous in their own rights - is probably the synergy of the substances. When combined, the effects of the drugs become more potent than if they were to be taken independently of one another. This effect can often blindside people.

Other CSN depressants, mainly Benzodiazepines but also Alcohol, are contributing factors in the majority of lethal overdoses from Opioids. So, you are more likely to overdose by taking these drugs in conjunction with one another. However, the dosages that you're using at this time are definitely not what I would call extreme. Codeine and Dihydrocodeine are both considered "weak" Opioids.

Although the combination is inherently dangerous, if you tread lightly and approach your use responsibly, it won't be a problem. People use this combination of drugs, in higher dosages, under medical supervision all the time. Keep the dosages low and you will be fine.