• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Prescribed Methadone and benzos.

Benzo_Bliss

Bluelighter
I take methadone everyday and have scripts for diazepam10mg the blues and alprazolam 0.5mg 4 times daily, but I just stock pile the 0.5mg and take bars instead.
I love the euphoria I get from it, a lot of people don't think methadone is that euphoria, but a couple Xanax bars and 2 Clonidine with my dose I'll be nodding feeling good, vaping my juul and recently got a THC juul pod cartitrage, which I'm loving it.

So my methadone dr told me i would be able to get carries if I pissed cleaned and been doing the program for 8 weeks which I have been, he also prescribes me alprazolam daily too, but now the 8 weeks past and today I pissed cleaned only methadone and benzos in my system.

He tells me I have to be off the benzos now or have a report of why I should be on them an my psychatrist of 3 years retired and I just got a new family doctor, to get carries when he first told me its fine if I'm on a controlled dose of them, I have GAD,PTSD, panic attacks and adhd which i use 3-fpm for that and it doesn't show up on any tests.
I've been on benzos prescribed and illegally purchasing them for 3.5 years had 4 seizures from withdrawals which isn't fun.

I don't know the opioid blocking dose with methadone is some say 60-100+, after my once weekly piss test ,i take diluadids intarnasally around 6-8mg and have no blockage of euphoria what's so ever.

Before methadone I was on suboxone but that shit is garbage it made me very ill and I went cold turkey off it and I took about a month, but nothing is worse then benzo or alcohol withdrawal I'll tell you that, I know methadone has a lengthy withdrawal too but, I'm not to worried about it.

I'm just getting annoyed that I want my carries like I was told I would be getting, it's starting to effect me getting a job.

Do you think the Doctor would be opened to dispense the alprazolam daily to me at the pharmacy so he knows I took the right dose, and I can have my methadone carries.

I take methadone everyday and have scripts for diazepam10mg the blues and alprazolam 0.5mg 4 times daily, but I just stock pile the 0.5mg and take bars instead.
I love the euphoria I get from it, a lot of people don't think methadone is that euphoria, but a couple Xanax bars and 2 Clonidine with my dose I'll be nodding feeling good, vaping my juul and recently got a THC juul pod cartitrage, which I'm loving it.

So my methadone dr told me i would be able to get carries if I pissed cleaned and been doing the program for 8 weeks which I have been, he also prescribes me alprazolam daily too, but now the 8 weeks past and today I pissed cleaned only methadone and benzos in my system.

He tells me I have to be off the benzos now or have a report of why I should be on them an my psychatrist of 3 years retired and I just got a new family doctor, to get carries when he first told me its fine if I'm on a controlled dose of them, I have GAD,PTSD, panic attacks and adhd which i use 3-fpm for that and it doesn't show up on any tests.
I've been on benzos prescribed and illegally purchasing them for 3.5 years had 4 seizures from withdrawals which isn't fun.

I don't know the opioid blocking dose with methadone is some say 60-100+, after my once weekly piss test ,i take diluadids intarnasally around 6-8mg and have no blockage of euphoria what's so ever.

Before methadone I was on suboxone but that shit is garbage it made me very ill and I went cold turkey off it and I took about a month, but nothing is worse then benzo or alcohol withdrawal I'll tell you that, I know methadone has a lengthy withdrawal too but, I'm not to worried about it.

I'm just getting annoyed that I want my carries like I was told I would be getting, it's starting to effect me getting a job.

Do you think the Doctor would be opened to dispense the alprazolam daily to me at the pharmacy so he knows I took the right dose, and I can have my methadone carries.

Xanax isn't a drug you take in the morning Nd it works all day n I've never heard of a psych doctor dispensing medications or any pharmacy for that matter

It’s crazy a doctor would ever even prescribe methadone and benzos together in the first place. Your doctor is basically incapacitated.

I’d expect your benzo script to be gone before you know it because this combo even with tolerances is easy death, throw in a few beers and you may just not wake up tomorrow. I mean some people are lucky, myself included and can take large quantities of various downers and benzos and be OK. But the reality is is it’s a gamble of life and death with respiratory system shutting down.

It’s crazy a doctor would ever even prescribe methadone and benzos together in the first place. Your doctor is basically incapacitated.

I’d expect your benzo script to be gone before you know it because this combo even with tolerances is easy death, throw in a few beers and you may just not wake up tomorrow. I mean some people are lucky, myself included and can take large quantities of various downers and benzos and be OK. But the reality is is it’s a gamble of life and death with respiratory system shutting down.
I have a huge tolorence for both aswel I've been taking them for years and I don't even past out, I find it more dangerous mixing benzos with alcohol in my experience , cause that's what I use to do, it would be a gamble if it was someone with no tolorence took it. i never od from the combo, I know people that have but they've done dumb amounts.

But a taper from a 2mg dose would take awhile and I take more then 2mg daily any ways.

I ment is that Doctor prescibes me the Xanax every 2 days one dose at the pharmacy at the doctors and one Carry dose for the next day.

Xanax isn't a drug you take in the morning Nd it works all day n I've never heard of a psych doctor dispensing medications or any pharmacy for that matter
Your probably not where I'm from and I know Xanax doesn't work all day I meant I could get it anytime the pharmacy is open for dose at like 5 after work and a Carrie dose for the next day.

Last edited:
You could try to get the script for Xanax XR, and try to get those dispensed in a pharmacy. Maybe doctors would look at it with less distrust.

I am living in Europe and don't know ins and outs of USA health system, but had a thought and here it is.

Hope it helps a bit :)
When I was on suboxone I had take homes weekly with take home benzos s, I don't understand why it's a problem now

Oh and btw I'm dealing the Canadian medical systems here not American or Europe so I don't know how to works there

Methadone and benzodiazepines have much more dangerous interactions. Depression of breathing is much more pronounced with methadone and few milligrams Xanax extra can make you not wake up. On the other hand, buprenorphine is one of most safest opioids there is, relatively speaking. So there is huge difference between those two, and when you add another depressant like benzodiazepine, there really are issues with methadone. So caution is warranted, but there is a way to use benzodiazepines safely with methadone, especially if a person has tolerance to benzodiazepines before starting methadone. But benzo-methadon combo is one of the most dangerous ones.
I'm bad for mixing benzos with opiates and opioids I have a heavy tolorence for both I'm prescribed 0.5mg of alprazolam aka Xanax 4 time daily so all together 2mg and I'm always prescibed 10mg of diazepam aka Valium once daily as well.

And I buy Xanax bars off someone close, and I just stock pile my 0.5mg pinkies, This some one presses the bars uses all the same ingredients real Xanax have in them and all the right pill binders and the active ingredient alprazolam and there not chalky there solid not powdery or those skinny Xanaxs with the 2 at the bottom you would think there real , how I know they dissolve in Sprite and I take a piss taste every Monday for my methadone Doctor .

I take a lot of diluadids usually 5-20mg intarnasally after my piss test I have to take for the methadone maintenance I'm currently at 75mg.
I use to smoke and snort Heroin, and I have snorted fake pressed oxys with "80" on side and "cdn" on the other side of the pills which contain called beans 2mg of fentanyl so my tolorence is pretty high for both.

So I drink my dose of methadone aka methadose sugar free 75mg in the morning along with 2 Clonidine pills and 2 Xanax bars and smoke a spliff or a blunt and enjoy the bliss and nod , I never felt diffcult breathing or passing out on benzos and opioids and opiates I know my does and if I do increase my doses it's not a huge increase at all.

when I start feeling my buzz where off I take 2 10mg blue Valium and 2 0.5mg pink alprazolam pill and 3 Benadryl pills feel nice sedated still and smoke a spliff.

except when I use to mix alcohol and benzos which I think is was dangerous then benzos and opiates.

Last edited: 2 minutes ago

Methadone and benzodiazepines have much more dangerous interactions. Depression of breathing is much more pronounced with methadone and few milligrams Xanax extra can make you not wake up. On the other hand, buprenorphine is one of most safest opioids there is, relatively speaking. So there is huge difference between those two, and when you add another depressant like benzodiazepine, there really are issues with methadone. So caution is warranted, but there is a way to use benzodiazepines safely with methadone, especially if a person has tolerance to benzodiazepines before starting methadone. But benzo-methadon combo is one of the most dangerous ones.
And also I was prescribed benzos for 3.5 years maybe 4 years now everyday before I was put on methadone an was on suboxone which is much stronger and made me much sick and beat the WD which was a lengthy month 2 weeks of flue and 2 weeks of mind problems but benzos and weed and other supplements help

And also I was prescribed benzos for 3.5 years maybe 4 years now everyday before I was put on methadone an was on suboxone which is much stronger and made me much sick and beat the WD which was a lengthy month 2 weeks of flue and 2 weeks of mind problems but benzos and weed and other supplements help

Benzos and opiate in small doses isn't usually a big deal

I once took 100mg hydrocodone 130mg didladid xr and 20mg Xanax I asperated and was in a coma for 3 days they told my mom they didn't know if I'd even wake up n if I did there was no guarantee I'd be myself luckily I woke up and have no long term effects

Now alcohol and benzos or alcohol and opiates I would be very careful

Benzos and opiate in small doses isn't usually a big deal

I once took 100mg hydrocodone 130mg didladid xr and 20mg Xanax I asperated and was in a coma for 3 days they told my mom they didn't know if I'd even wake up n if I did there was no guarantee I'd be myself luckily I woke up and have no long term effects

Now alcohol and benzos or alcohol and opiates I would be very careful
I would never ever be doing doses that big at all

Idk man this sounds like a dead end. Methadone is good to sustain for opioids but it is extremely potent. The "ceiling dose" varies greatly from user to user unlike Bupe. I am shocked that the same doctor is prescribing both Methadone and Benzos. Be careful man. I'm prescribed both medications as well but I am on an IR opioid for pain. Methadone feels like a death sentence if you are using in between and even though you may have a crazy tolerance, taking breaks to take other drugs is playing with fire as for your benzo dosage. Your body gets accustomed to one dose and then the lack of the Methadone could cause respiratory issues upon next dosage. Just please be safe brother