• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

prescribed meds

Status
Not open for further replies.

bEnZo bUdDyY

Bluelighter
Right now im prescribed xanax 1mg 3times a day klonopin 1mg twice daily

If i can get my counsler to agree to switch my meds to 45xanax 2mg 36.4 phenobarbital once daily and 60mgs diazepam do you think my doctor will.

That's quite a bit of hefty GABAergic activity. What's your reason for wanting to switch? And in my opinion, it depends on your relationship and the reason. Why 45 2mg xanax? Do you want to switch to PRN? and 60mg of diazepam a day is a lot especially from the dosages of the other benzos you're going from in addition to the alprazolam. I would be careful asking for all of that at once.

How did you get a doctor to prescribe you two Benzos at once? I think you would be pushing it if you ask for all that.

Why are you requesting a barbituate? Valium alone prevents seizures well enough. IME what you are on would be my perfect combo because it covers long term and break through anxiety. Phenobarbital was not all that fun when I was using it.

Most medical professionals do not appreciate patients self prescribing or changing their medication regimes especially if the suggestion is for increasing the dose of medications like benzo's such as Xanax and diazepam that are strictly speaking intended for short term use of only a few weeks. Don't get me wrong as i don't know why you are taking xanax but benzo's like them and Diazepam are a real life saver if your experiencing real intense extreme anxiety, psychosis or even certain substance abuse withdrawals but getting into the habit of feeling that floaty relaxed high benzo feeling for a long term time period is really digging yourself into a hole that is quite hard to get out of.

If you don't mind me asking Benzo buddy why are you prescribed xanax? Have you been diagnosed with a mental illness or condition by a Psychiatrist ? Are you attending a community mental health clinic and are the meds you mentioned all you are prescribed?

How did you get a doctor to prescribe you two Benzos at once? I think you would be pushing it if you ask for all that.

I was on klonopin and restoril for the longest time. It's not uncommon to be on two benzodiazepines. But since both of his are anxiolytic ones, it's a little different I suppose

Last edited:
I was on xanax and temazepam.

Be very careful OP. You are opening a door that can not easily be closed.

Most medical professionals do not appreciate patients self prescribing or changing their medication regimes especially if the suggestion is for increasing the dose of medications like benzo's such as Xanax and diazepam that are strictly speaking intended for short term use of only a few weeks. Don't get me wrong as i don't know why you are taking xanax but benzo's like them and Diazepam are a real life saver if your experiencing real intense extreme anxiety, psychosis or even certain substance abuse withdrawals but getting into the habit of feeling that floaty relaxed high benzo feeling for a long term time period is really digging yourself into a hole that is quite hard to get out of.

If you don't mind me asking Benzo buddy why are you prescribed xanax? Have you been diagnosed with a mental illness or condition by a Psychiatrist ? Are you attending a community mental health clinic and are the meds you mentioned all you are prescribed?

Yeah i have a lot of mental health problems, about to get my SSI.

My diagnosis are: Major Depressive Disorder, Bi-polar 1, Anti-social personality disorder, panic attacks, agrophobia, and very very strong anxiety.

Now the xanax im prescribed is for panic attacks and uncontrollable anxiety attacks.

Now the klonopin im prescribed is for long term anxiety/panic attacks and seziures. I belive im borderline epiletic.

Now for the reason of change, i said 45 2mg bars because i already get 90 1mg foot balls. So i figure up those and only take when really needed.

The phenobarbital i actually really enjoyed when i had it lol, and it is very long lasting! I figured that could help with a lot of my problems.

Then lastly 60mgs of valium is the equivalence of how much klonopin i use. The goal here is eventually wein off everything but ill probaley be on some form of benzodiazepine for life due to my mental health illness.

Now i wasnt just going to go into my docs office and just ask for this shit lmao (even my dumbass knows better than that) I go to counseling for CBT i was going to have my counselor after we discussed these medications if possible write something that it would be in my best intrest to be on these meds instead. Idk i just cant wait to get my SSI with like 2years back pay a great lawyer and litterly the best social security judge. Anymore questions feel free to ask, also suggestions or help im open too. Thank you all!

You're not going by .5mg of klonopin = 10mg of valium are you? Because that is definitely not true. I don't know where that comes from. It terms of effects, the .5 is equal to the 2mg diazepam tablets. Klonopin can be used up to 20mg a day, and that would be equivalent to a 400mg daily dose a valium if the former were true. A higher dose of the phenobarbital might negate your need for so many benzodiazepines, but that depends on how you respond to it.

My diagnosis are: Major Depressive Disorder, Bi-polar 1, Anti-social personality disorder, panic attacks, agrophobia, and very very strong anxiety.
With all your psychiatric conditions, benzos alone aren't going to help you get better. I have to close this as we cannot predict what your doctor may or may not be willing to prescribe.

You're not going by .5mg of klonopin = 10mg of valium are you? Because that is definitely not true. I don't know where that comes from. It terms of effects, the .5 is equal to the 2mg diazepam tablets. Klonopin can be used up to 20mg a day, and that would be equivalent to a 400mg daily dose a valium if the former were true. A higher dose of the phenobarbital might negate your need for so many benzodiazepines, but that depends on how you respond to it.

Right,

Very true very true

I always thought .5 was equal to 10mg diazepam, but i guess not hmmm interesting ill deff look into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.