View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Preparing DMT frebase for injection

transitioneer

Bluelighter
How would one go about doing this? I have proper scales and rigs as I'm quite used to IMing ketamine. My DMT is now quite dark orange, after being more yellow/clear. I guess this is due to oxidation... If I filter with a cotton (no micron filter) I believe it will be safe enough to inject, but how do I dissolve the compound? Thanks

Extracted DMT is going to have traces of plant fibers and proteins in it, which is a HUGE no-no for injection. You MUST micron filter for safety. Even with micron filtering, it is possible that you can have an allergic reaction to the plant material.

For dissolving, you should be able to make a citric acid solution with water.

Extracted DMT is going to have traces of plant fibers and proteins in it, which is a HUGE no-no for injection. You MUST micron filter for safety. Even with micron filtering, it is possible that you can have an allergic reaction to the plant material.

And this is true for apparently clean, colourless/white extracted DMT, I'd guess. Dark orange DMT could possibly contain a rather large amount of plant proteins/fibers/lipids and the like, and it's nowhere near 'pure enough for injection'.

Freebase isn't water soluble so you have to convert it to a salt. If it's extracted you're going to want it as clean as possible. You can really mess yourself up injecting the wrong thing.

Yeah just seems like a bad idea. Injecting DMT is probably best left for Dr. Strassman and highly knowledgeable chemists imo.

Convert it into a salt, make sure it has no colour to it at all, and then inject it. OR wash it with light petroleum spirit (not heavy), and inject it.

Both using a micron filter, the latter will be less effective so the dose must be higher.

Trip.More - you need to trip more, I've sniffed (and so have friends of mine) DMT Freebase I've extracted & there was no problem with it - we certainly felt it, and the endurance of experience was very nice, so injecting will work just fine...it's just not as good an idea, but technically a lot easier and safer.

I ended up injecting 30~mg of this "Full Spectrum" DMT last night and did not die of anaphylactic shock lol.
It was a fairly mild experience but figured it would be so as I was just testing the waters of injecting tryptamines. I believe it was mild because not all of the DMT dissolved in the water, and then after filtration it's impossible to tell how much material you have left. I just ordered citric acid though, to make experiments like this easier... And I definitely would have already had some if I had known it was THAT simple to convert to HCl.

I will be posting more after I've played around with IM/IVing the compound a bit more as I know that information on the matter is fairly scarce. Thanks for your input everyone.

for your information ^ it isn't converting it into a HCl - it would be DMT Citrate. AFAIK it would work, but you'd have to get it concentrated enough acid-wise...and considering you don't want to pump acid into your veins, you'd have to recrystallize before dissolving. Theoretically, anyways.

for your information ^ it isn't converting it into a HCl - it would be DMT Citrate. AFAIK it would work, but you'd have to get it concentrated enough acid-wise...and considering you don't want to pump acid into your veins, you'd have to recrystallize before dissolving. Theoretically, anyways.

Ah, I don't know how I confused the conversions... thank you. hydrochloric Acid would be needed to convert it into HCl salt lol... clearly.

But yeah, I'm going to use a scale to weigh out 1mg~ increments and add that to the DMT freebase/water mixture until it dissolves. I'm not too worried about the acid content being enough to harm myself. I'm not quite sure if I will end up IVing it but I will definitely try IM again and with what little concentration I will be using (Will go no higher than 1:10 ratio of citric acid : DMT) I don't think I'd be doing anything potentially harmful, especially IM. I will probably invest in micron filters as well now since I'm waiting on the citric acid as well.

After the shot last night I felt a slight burning sensation at the injection site, but I laid on it (was my right buttcheek) to give sort of a natural hot compress in case of any dangers but as the sensation was so slight, and I couldn't be sure that I wasn't hallucinating it, I didn't worry too much. Today there is no sign of anything unusual.

EDIT: Not sure if linking to another forum would be allowed but I found a thread with some conversion write ups for this procedure that someone already did. Their ratio of citric acid : dmt is essentially 1:1 so I suppose any worries of too much acid have now been dismissed. I can't be sure they're entirely accurate or if anything good came of it because there's been no posts from the OP in 10+months... but I will report back with my findings when I try

Last edited:
Check out this thread about injecting DMT extracts. To figure out the ratio of citric acid to use you need to figure out the moles of DMT and citric acid monohydrate needed to match up mg for mg, otherwise you will end up with unreacted DMT freebase or extra acid. If you're going to be injecting extracts you should be able to figure it out yourself, and if you can't, think twice. An allergic reaction is not the only thing to be concerned about if you're injecting an extract in a muscle. There may also be material in your extract that cannot be easily broken down in your body tissue, and so it just ends up sitting there causing trouble...

Last edited:
Any reason why injecting appeals? Presumably it wouldn't last much longer than smoking? Taking it with an MAOI orally would give you a couple of hours instead of a couple of minutes.

I'm interested in trying IV/IM to see how it will effect the nature of the drug. IV will clearly make it a bit shorter in length and possibly (presumably) more intense. I don't quite know what to expect for IM but I assume it will similar to smoking a small amount in intensity, but maybe have the added bonus of lasting longer (around an hour I'm guessing but this is just speculation) and providing the rush that injecting does. I haven't really messed around combining needles and tryptamines to this point though.

Would it be safe to inject DMT by suspending freebase DMT in water by repeatedly sucking it into and ejecting it from a syringe?

Would it be safe to inject DMT by suspending freebase DMT in water by repeatedly sucking it into and ejecting it from a syringe?

Absolutely not. Injecting undissolved solids is a recipe for disaster. If you IM them you can end up with cysts and all sorts of nasty problems, and if you IV them you can have even worse problems like pulmonary embolism, which is how blood clots kill people.
Never, ever, ever inject undissolved solids. This is why we filter using wheel filters and the like!

As stated numerous times in this thread, freebase DMT (N,N-DMT) is not soluble in water so it will not dissolve in the water and you'll just have DMT crystals in water. Repeated "sucking it into and ejecting it from" the syringe will serve no purpose but to waste time, and maybe break the crystals into smaller crystals that are equally dangerous to inject anywhere. N,N-DMT (freebase) needs to be reacted with an appropriate and safe amount of an acid such as hydrochloric acid (hcl) or citric acid so the DMT will convert into its salt form DMT-hydrochloride (DMT-hcl) in the case of hcl, or DMT-citrate in the case of citric acid. These salts of DMT are what are soluble in water. Water is a polar solvent and only polar molecules like these DMT salts will dissolve in polar solvents. Freebase DMT (N,N-DMT,) however, requires a nonpolar solvent (NPS) to dissolve it, perhaps naphtha. This is why naphtha (or another NPS) is used to perform the "pulls" in every DMT extraction tek.

And before anyone else jumps in here, no, you may not dissolve your DMT in naphtha or n-heptane/n-hexane and inject that XD

I wonder if something like PG would be an option for fb trypts like this...

For the record: I personally only injected trypts IM by treating them with citric acid and wheel filtering i.e. the right way (though with some excess of acid, ouch).

I wonder if something like PG would be an option for fb trypts like this...

For the record: I personally only injected trypts IM by treating them with citric acid and wheel filtering i.e. the right way (though with some excess of acid, ouch).
Same on both fronts...!