View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Preparation of sterile vials + IM injection guide

Hal_1ncandenza

Bluelighter
This guide will use ketamine as an example, but most if not all of it applies to other substances.
If at all possible, use USP Sterile Water For Injection (WFI). Another precaution is using a solution of WFI or Sterile Distilled water with 0.1mg/ml of benzethonium chloride, easily obtained online. At the very least use sterile distilled water that has been boiled, and tools/vessels that have been boiled and/or sprayed with food grade ethanol--IM injections present more risk for infection than IV!
I did not intend this to be a guide for would be counterfeiters. The DEA is under a lot of pressure from pharma to pursue counterfeiters of profitable pharmaceuticals (ketamine being a big one now more than ever), so if you value your integrity and freedom more than a quick profit, keep these for yourself and like-minded friends. Misrepresenting a medical product is lame.

For those interested in ketamine who are looking to take it to the next level (save money, their noses), pharmaceutical vials injected IM (intramuscularly) are the way to go. They can be obtained in certain countries such as Mexico pretty readily. But, for those neither nor willing to pay the high prices of pharm-grade ketamine, it is still possible to make your own vials. I will leave it to the user to understand that their results may vary based on their source of ketamine. Always use a couple reagent tests (lieberman/froehde etc.) to determine that you are using the correct substance. So, without further ado:

*Any critiques of my method are greatly appreciated

Equipment:

Milligram scale $30-300 (you get what you pay for but a gem20 works for 10mg+ amounts)
50mL volumetric flask ~$10
Small funnel $5
5ml transfer pipettes $5
Small stir bar $5
Stir plate $30-50
Sterile distilled water ~$20/L
Food grade ethanol solution 85-95% ~$20/500mL (use with spray bottle)
50mL beaker $5
50mL sterile syringe with luer lock $10
.22 micron, 33mm, sterile syringe filter w/luer lock $10/10 (Make sure these are individually wrapped)
20g sterile needle tips ~$5
25 10mL sterile vials ~$1/each (I use "ultra spec" brand)
Total cost: ~$185

In this procedure, I will be making 50mls of 50mg/ml solution. This can be scaled up easily. In theory, 100mg/ml or higher solutions can be made with water.

0. Test your substance. Check with at least two reagents.
1. Rinse new flask with warm water, let dry for an hour. Once mostly dry, spray inside with ethanol, and let air dry.
2. Place flask on stir plate.
3. Pour about 20 milliliters of warm (100-140F/38-60C) distilled water into flask, then pour 2.5 grams of finely ground/sifted ketamine into flask, swirl around to mix, then insert stopper in top of flask. Invert several times to mix further.
4. If your plate has a heat function, keep solution warm but not very hot.
5. Making sure you rinse any bits of powder clinging to the side of flasks neck, fill flask with more water, using transfer pipettes to get solution's meniscus up to the final 50mL calibration mark on neck (it'll be the line about halfway up the neck).
6. Drop in stir bar, making sure you move the flask around on the plate so the bar sits at the center of the flask; begin stirring by gradually increasing magnet's speed to the highest speed possible without sending the bar skipping around in your flask.
7. Once solution has been mixing for 30+ minutes and no particles are observed, pour solution into 50ml beaker.
8. Spray tops of 10ml vials with ethanol and let air dry.
9. Pop sterile filter onto 50ml syringe and do your best to slowly draw solution into syringe. Once filled, remove filter and pop on needle.
10. Puncture rubber seal on vials and inject solution.
11. Buy some 2.5ml syringes with 23g needles(IM) or 27g+ needles(IV); be safe and have fun.

Intramuscular injection method.

1. First, determine your body type. If you are thin, or muscular with low body fat, a 23g 1" needle tip will suffice. If you have a lot of fat, you may need a 23g 1.5" needle.

2. Always use disposable needles and disposable syringes.

3. Wipe the rubber seal on your injection vial with alcohol, allow to air dry. Do the same for your injection site, in this example, the deltoid. If you wish to inject elsewhere, look up nurse guides online. Find a reputable guide associated with a legitimate medical organization (i.e. a med school).

4. Draw syringe plunger back to desired draw amount (e.g. 2.25ml)

5. Turn vial upside down, insert needle, push plunger down to expel air, then pull back draw desired amount of solution. I typically draw about 2.25ml of solution, as I will lose some to air removal.

6. Flick syringe tube to get air bubbles up to needle tip, then expel until the syringe is air free.

7. Relax arm, allow friend to do the injection for you, if possible.

8. Find center-point of your deltoid (i.e. thickest part) and insert needle tip with a quick dart-like jab at a 90 degree angle. From there, insert needle the rest of the way until it is 95% of the way into shoulder. Discretion is required when using a 1.5" needle; likewise extremely skinny or anorexic people may strike bone when inserting a 1" needle all the way. Most adults, male and female, will do fine with 1" though.

APM_12_103-fig_2.gif
aid2745551-v4-728px-Administer-a-Vitamin-B-Injection-in-the-Deltoid-Step-4.jpg.webp

9. Slowly inject at a rate of 10 seconds per milliliter. Do not inject more than 2ml of solution into the deltoid as it usually cannot hold more than 2ml. Those with very small deltoids may have as little as 1ml capacity. Injecting more may push solution into subcutaneous tissue. If you must, load up two syringes and hit both sides.

10. Keep needle in for at least a few seconds after injecting. Slowly remove while continuing to hold at 90 degrees. Wipe site with alcohol if bleeding occurs. Do not massage site of injection, leave it be.

11. If bleeding, numbness, or swelling occurs you may have done something wrong; contact a medical professional (not strangers on Bluelight) if these symptoms persist into the next day!

]

Last edited:
''Keep this for your friends and yourself'' ----- goes on the internet??

What's up with this? Why did you felt like adding these words? Doesn't make any sense. Though, thank you for your time. Sharing is caring.

I uploaded this guide to help people make their own vials...for themselves and their friends.

Do you make everyone in your life explain basic shit to you?

I way prefer ketamine IM but micron filtering powder is tedious and time consuming and I always get a deep feeling that what I'm doing is wrong and extremely risky(which it is). I IV heroin so it has nothing to do with needles either. I'm sure I wouldn't feel that way if I had a vial. LSD, a tiny bit of MDMA, nitrous and ketamine is one of my favourite things in the world, to say I enjoy it immensely is an understatement.

These days I just snort it because I'm usually at a rave in the bush and am usually extremely dirty too. Also I'm not a fan of how much IM'ing ket hurts! I was silly and did it in my shoulder but even in the butt fucking hurts! Plus I always worry that I've done something wrong and that I'm going to have to get my arm cut off lol I obviously don't like that feeling.

People are going to do it though so a guide is definitely a good thing. I've heard of people IM'ing with just a cotton filter and that genuinely terrifies me and I am deeply concerned for anyone who does that.

I way prefer ketamine IM but micron filtering powder is tedious and time consuming and I always get a deep feeling that what I'm doing is wrong and extremely risky(which it is). I IV heroin so it has nothing to do with needles either. I'm sure I wouldn't feel that way if I had a vial. LSD, a tiny bit of MDMA, nitrous and ketamine is one of my favourite things in the world, to say I enjoy it immensely is an understatement.

These days I just snort it because I'm usually at a rave in the bush and am usually extremely dirty too. Also I'm not a fan of how much IM'ing ket hurts! I was silly and did it in my shoulder but even in the butt fucking hurts! Plus I always worry that I've done something wrong and that I'm going to have to get my arm cut off lol I obviously don't like that feeling.

People are going to do it though so a guide is definitely a good thing. I've heard of people IM'ing with just a cotton filter and that genuinely terrifies me and I am deeply concerned for anyone who does that.
Calves are the spot to go when ur IMing

The deltoid muscle is a good site as it easy to locate and unlikely to cause injury--the most common issue is injecting too high on the shoulder. Its capacity is limited to 1-2.5mls.

The vastus lateralis (lower outer thigh) is arguably an even safer site, and has a greater capacity (2-3ml+) but I still wouldn't recomend going higher than 2ml at a given time.
3-s2.0-B9781416030010500137-f09-06-9781416030010.jpg