• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pregablin, valium, want to stop

Sarahg20

Bluelighter
Hi all, I'm so down at moment, I feel physically weak all the time but esoe iallh in morning I dunno why. Anyway, iv been on valium for around 4 years not prescribed and want to taper but iv also been taken around 900mg pregablin for bout 3 months also not prescribed, I am however prescribed 150mg of that. I want to stop taking it now, well get down to prescribed dose anyway and am aware I can't taper both at same time but just wa ting everyone's advice on where to start? Especially on what dose to start tapering off and what to expect, I k ow it obvioyslt won't be good, thanks guys xxx p. S am. On clomiprimine 150mg and 7.5mg mirtazipine(was 15mg) have underactive thyroid so on 50mcg levothyroxine xxxx❤️👋❤️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Don't start tapering all of the drugs at the same time. I'd recommend u taper off the Pregabalin first and save the worst drug to come off of last (Valium). For the Pregabalin try reducing the daily dose by 50mg, so day one 900mg, day two 850mg, day three 800mg and so on till u get to ur prescribed 150mg. How much Valium do u take and what dose?

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, why are you taking pregabalin?

@evo4ever is right. One taper at a time. Start with the pregabalin. Three months of pregabalin is not that long. It shouldn't be too difficult.

I'm about to stop pregabalin too, I was prescribed 150mg a day, but went up and up when 150mg stopped helping my sleep, I'm also a benzo addict, off and on its so hard, maybe taper the valium first as pregabalin is good for withdraws so might help you when you come off the vallies, it sucks, I'm always stopping them last a few weeks or months, my longest was over a year but they always call me back, I'm on clonazepam most recently

Good luck

I got into a heavy Alprazolam habit 4 years ago I ended up on 8mg a day for about 6 months!! Then I was forced to stop cold turkey cos I could no longer buy them and the WDs were extremely traumatic to say the least, thinking about in hindsight I could of actually died!!

Hey I apologise for late replies I didn't get notifications guys, yh so basically iv mentioned before my fiance of 10 years and father to my son died lady year, I was already addicted to valium but I started taking pregablin for that drunken feeling, I liked it, all my anxiety, ptsd, ocd, depression just went but I can no longer get that feeling so I wanna come off as I'm only taking them so no withdrawal. I initially found out about them through taken a few of them my mum had, she's on them for fybromyalgia. I went right up to about 1000mg but I won't go higher so just need to come off now. With the valium I'm on roughly 30mg a day but I'd rather quit the pregablin first as not been on them as long as the valium. I'm scared, I have to look after my son, I don't have anyone to help so hence y I'm here hoping u guys can I dunno kinda support n advise me xxx

I feel so anxious right now, my boy starts year 4 tomorrow n I hate change of routine so that's got me stressed. Iv took 600mg pregablin n 50mg valium n still anxious as fuck 😭😭😭

As has been said - one taper at a time starting with the pregabalin

Also keep your Valium use to the 30mg maximum you are used to and don't go over that after today

When you have got the Preg down to your prescribed dose then it's time to think about the valium taper. Literally no point in even thinking about it until the Pregabalin is in check. One thing at a time.

It's a good sign that you are reaching out - stick around this site and you'll get a lot of support.

You can also begin to support yourself (very important) by starting to look into stuff like mindfulness/meditation/nutrition/exercise etc. Wev have to help ourselves in the end. There are no quick fixes (certainly not longterm) - but us addicts have already discovered that eh

Thank you, yh one taper at a time, and as for other things I'm deffo looking into exercise only thing is I smoke n get outta breath easy ffs, I need to meditate to as I know it really helps, how much mg and how often do u think I should taper down by? Thank u so much. Xxx

Look...maybe you can do variables with pregabalin because its not that hard like benzos I'M sying I take 600-900mg 5 days then I'm off it for 3-4 days, some people call it biohacking but it.s working because my other drug was Xanax which is harder maybe then Valium. but i did stop Xanax in that way because in those thays i would use it just not to have pannick attack(speaking of three days without pregabalin) so when I,m like back on Pregabalin i didnt take Xanax so my benzo receptors and Gaba-a maybe upregulated because pregabalinn only mimics gaba IT works throe voltage calcium channels, glutamate and alphatwo .......waves.

I think its better to get rid of Valium first in last 2 years dr. in Croatia doing that with Lyrica to get people off benzos

Pregabalin withdrawal is not hard to manage and you are just 3 mo moths in
there are people that get ridd of opioids with Lyrica so try that and eat well, stay positive!
Sorry for your loss
Be strong and Stay safe ⚒🛡

Like I said before.. for the Pregabalin titrate slowly if u wanna make sure u don't get any WDs, so...

Day One: 900mg
Day Two: 850mg
Day Three: 800mg
Day Four: 750mg
And so on..

Can u make 50mg adjustments yeah?

i would personally taper the Pregabalin down first to your prescribed dose and then work on getting the benzo dosage lower to a point that you only need the pregabalin to function and then taper that down again to a point of not being needed. Hope that made sense and this is my personal point of view or how i would go about it.

Although it also makes some sense to tapper the benzos first because apparently pregabalin can be used for benzo withdrawal. But considering your long use of benzos, that tapper will be veeeery long.
But I don't have much experience with benzos or pregabalin. In fact, pregabalin never worked for me if I took it too many days in a row ... not even for my anxiety. It was just a waste of money.

Pregabalin tolerance may build quick but it also drops quick, I took pregabs every other day for about 18 months at the same dose and it had consistent positive effects each time, I could tell also if I left it 2 days between dosing, the hit was again stronger.
Now I'm not saying that those days on Pregabalin at the end of that 18 month period were as strong as at the beginning of the period, just that it still had very tangible beneficial effects, unlike anytime when I took it on consecutive days which just rendered it inert until I took at least 1 day off.
Give yourself a full 36 hours off pregabalin and I believe you will notice the difference in a big way. Consecutive days is in my opinion (and I have been on pregabalin daily for maybe 2 years more at a dose of 600mg daily) is a complete and total waste. When you can trust it will work every 48 hour cycle you can at least get through the off day knowing that the following day will be so much easier with the pregabalin regulating your mood and keeping you positive. Also you can plan around any necessary activities that usually trigger you anxieties even if it means you have to take a 2 day break so you can dose the day you will be facing anxiety, which has the added benefit of making that days dosing work even better due to the 2 day abstinence.

I would say that until you can balance your life so that it is manageable without sending you running to additional benzos to regulate your mood and until you achieve this with the medication you are taking, which helps, you have almost no chance of doing this successfully.

Currently you are sometimes taking almost double the usual 30mg dose of benzos just to cope, we can safely assume that the medication helps you navigate your day successfully and doesn't compound the issue by say making your anxiety way more acute, if it did you would have no problem quitting these drugs.

The same stressers that cause you to lean heavily on your medication now will still be there but you will be trying to reduce your supportive medication from a situation where you currently feel.out of control and that is gonna be ultra difficult.

I think until you can stabalise with the dose of medication you are currently taking and manage down the times you are taking loads of benzos on top of the pregabalin you won't be able to move forward, so it is imperative to start taking 1 full day break between dosing pregabalin to give it a chance to actually work in lifting your mood. Once you have had a period of stability and you feel like you can cope day to day without the 50mg benzo days then you can start to look at reducing the pregabalin dose, with a goal of not taking it at all.

I think this is the only way you can successfully quit medication at least stage 2 of a full detox plan if that's what you are aiming for, which is the discontinuation of pregabalin.

Peace and love
BBlunt x

Hey Sarah! You are in a bit of a tricky situation here, but we can help you through it if you're dedicated. First off, let's address the Diazepam (Valium). It is a Benzodiazepine so I've brought you a link for "The Benzo Bible"

Benzo.org.uk/manual/

This is a link to something called the Ashton Manual. Dr. Ashton is The authority on safe and effective withdrawal from Benzodiazepines. In this "book" you will find essential information for Benzodiazepine pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, dependence, addiction and withdrawal.

In it, you will find the information needed to perform a safe, reasonable withdrawal from Diazepam with a minimal amount of pain. If you need us to interpret for you, just let us know.

I think you should start solely with tapering the Diazepam. Like any difficult project, we will break it down into parts. I believe trying to withdraw from all of this at once is setting yourself up for failure and futility, not to mention causing you unnecessary misery.

Peruse that book and get back to us. How does that sound Sarah?