• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc pregablin/lyrica question

Memantine

Bluelighter
So today my psychiatrist offered me this medication. I tought "oh this must be shit since she offers it to me just like that". But then i read that people are known to abuse lyrica for it's intoxicating/euphoric effects..?

Is this stuff worth a try?

Medicinaly: Yes. Effective against GAD and light chronic pain without the abuse potential of a benzo.

Recreationally: Not really, unless you have zero tolerance and take an obscenely huge dose.

As long as it doesn't make me feel apathetic like the neuroleptics they gave me before:\

The high goes away pretty quickly with both lyrica and gaba. It works okay for anxiety at least in the beginning. Some people have a harder time coming off the stuff than others though. A few people around here have had a hell of a time getting off of it, others not so much. I am down to 600 mg a day after having been on gaba for a few years. It hasn't been too bad but I'm taking it really slow. Some people consider coming off of it worse than benzos so if you don't like withdrawals, take it as needed or spot dose (better buzz that way too ;) ). I don't think its something that you really want to stay on long term for a few reasons. For some, it has some destabilizing qualities and can cause depression but I really haven't ever gotten many side effects if any at all. A sound alternative to benzos, not really, that's what I thought at first, but nope.

Personally, I will be glad to get off the stuff and it doesn't really do anything for me anymore. Just another pill that I have to uncomfortably quit. That's just me though and I don't like taking pills anymore. This is my last med to quit for me and then no more pills.