• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pregablin for medicinal use

Jungo871

Bluelighter
I'm on 30mg of valium, co-codys 30/500 4 a day, mirtazapine and zopiclone 7.5mg. My question is I have read pregablin can be used for off-label for anxiety and pain. I suffer mild back pain and my GP won't give me 8 painkillers a day (got a long history of drug and alcohol abuse) so I'm having to move GPs would it be worth asking for (I prefer to be honest) without my benzos and cocodomals being reduced or replaced? I don't really want to substitute for my script I'm getting now but has anyone any experience with this for anxiety or pain rather than getting wasted?

He could do try to ask indirectly say your pharmacist reccomended you ask

Thanks pete I don't think it's as addictive as benzos or opioid medication. Just don't want to look like a Dr shopper

It is licensed for generalised anxiety disorder, as is Gabapentin. It is however about to be scheduled due to a Northern Ireland and Scotland epidemic of abuse. You would have to give up your Benzo I suspect!!

I don't think that will be an option. Prefer gold ole benzos and I think Manchester has a bigger problem with it

Not a patch on Glasgow they are fucking swimming in the stuff. Gabapentin for me was amazing for social anxiety, whereas Pregab just zoned me out for hours on end!! If you are suggesting alternatives your doc may be open to it no?

I agree mate it got the name junkies little helper. No I can't be bothered dr shopping the luggage is too heavy a burden

Diazepam is underrated all these other drugs are all the same they work on GABAA receptors

Not a patch on Glasgow they are fucking swimming in the stuff. Gabapentin for me was amazing for social anxiety, whereas Pregab just zoned me out for hours on end!! If you are suggesting alternatives your doc may be open to it no?
I knew NI were into it heavily but never realised Scotland was bad with it?

Never ask your doctor for specific drugs, especially controlled drugs. They will think ur drug seeking.

Panorama or on BBC3 I think was the programme on GABA pregab and benzos!! In Scotland I will find it and link here. Wise words Evo, or at least not until you have a good rapport with your doc!!