• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

pregabalin

dynodavie

Bluelighter
K so i have found out that pregabalin @300 mg a day gives me good pain relief for my neck surgery and c-5 through c-7 fusion and that it really puts my anxiety on a way better level for the day that i do it and pretty much all the next day, does anyone know for sure that if i do pregabalin every 3rd day @ 300 mg if over time it would form a physical dependence to where if i decided not to do it on that third day and wanted to stay off a month would i have to suffer a withdrawal to come off..

If you take pregabalin every 3 days I dont think you have to worry too much about physical dependence. For psychological addiction/dependence there is no guarantee and everything we do regularly we find hard to stop as we habituate. But physical dependence of the type you described is nothing something to worry about if you take it the way you described. Take care!

K so i have found out that pregabalin @300 mg a day gives me good pain relief for my neck surgery and c-5 through c-7 fusion and that it really puts my anxiety on a way better level for the day that i do it and pretty much all the next day, does anyone know for sure that if i do pregabalin every 3rd day @ 300 mg if over time it would form a physical dependence to where if i decided not to do it on that third day and wanted to stay off a month would i have to suffer a withdrawal to come off..
I don't believe Pregabalin forms dependency like Benzos and Opioids do.

As for withdrawal issues, those seem to only become an issue when a person has either been on it a long time and/or has been dosing high.
For the most part a lot of lower/more therapeutic doses seems to not produce withdrawl on sudden cessation. Though it must be said it will likely cause some mild rebound symptoms, such as insomnia, temporarily increased anxiety response.

I've been taking Pregabalin for years and I haven't noticed any WDs if I suddenly stop. You should be fine.