• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pregabalin withdrawal hell

nuclear89

Greenlighter
Has anyone had experience here? My GP is useless and is blaming everything wrong with my on pregabalin withdrawal.

ive been taking 300mg x 2 a day for 17 years, I recently made a decision I wanted off it, I’ve tried and failed 3 times before because of how hard it was. So we are reducing 50mg per dose chopping down every 2 weeks.

here is what im experiencing

- vomiting every single morning for weeks
- headache
- anxiety
- sweating

the list is huge but it’s the vomiting for 3 ish hours a morning and it’s horrid I’ve took cyclizine and prochloperazine no success I still vomit.

17 years? I think you're cutting off too much, too fast. That would be my guess at least. I experienced all the symptoms you list plus shakes and violent shits after just weeks of daily use.

Can't you get, say, gabapentin to help you taper?

Yeah, like tubgirl said. Maybe dropped too quick too fast. Seventeen years is a long time and 600 mg a day was max dose.

Lyrica is stronger than most people give it credit for.

You can't go on with all that vomiting and sweating and anxiety. Grab some Neurontin ( gabapentin ) like tubgirl said and start dosing that. Neurontin has to be titrated up at 2 hour intervals so your body can absorb it. So lets say you get the 300 mg capsules. Take one.....wait 2 hours. See how you feel. If you aren't getting relief take another 300 mg and have a fatty snack ( like peanut butter ). Neurontin is a waste if you dose it all at once so just stagger your doses out every 2 hours until you start to feel better.

I only did Lyrica for about 6 months at 900 mgs per day. I had the same WD's that tubgirl did. I got some gabapentin and dosed like I just said and bingo. Felt better, got off the Lyrica for good and no discomfort.

Good Luck !

Has anyone had experience here? My GP is useless and is blaming everything wrong with my on pregabalin withdrawal.

ive been taking 300mg x 2 a day for 17 years, I recently made a decision I wanted off it, I’ve tried and failed 3 times before because of how hard it was. So we are reducing 50mg per dose chopping down every 2 weeks.

here is what im experiencing

- vomiting every single morning for weeks
- headache
- anxiety
- sweating

the list is huge but it’s the vomiting for 3 ish hours a morning and it’s horrid I’ve took cyclizine and prochloperazine no success I still vomit.
I bought OTC Nauzene , instantly stops nausea as soon as you chew a tablet, It was helping me in the morning ,

If your going to decrease your dose that fast I’d just go cold turkey just to get it over with, I have that opinion about a lot of substances.

Yeah apparently Gabapentin is good to make a taper (I don't know the reason, maybe it has a better half life).