• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Pregabalin to gabapentin

lolis my thesis

Bluelighter
Just curious if anyone has any experience switching from Lyrica to Gabapentin?
From 150mg/day pregabalin; I will be prescribed 600mg/3 times per day of Gabapentin instead.
I've got quite a few pregabalin stockpiled; but should I anticipate any problems switching?

Yeah I've been through this. Gabapentin substitutes for pregabalin in the sense of covering any withdrawal symptoms. Granted gabapentin isn't nearly as enjoyable as pregabalin but it will cover all withdrawal symptoms.

I don't recall what the dose conversion was but I was on a hefty dose of pregabalin (900mg/day) tapered down to 150mg and switched to gabapentin, I believe 1800mg/day.

That's the same as me, dose wise; I was on 450, tapered to 150, now switching to 1800 of Gabapentin. I don't get much fun out of the pregabalin at this point anyway; but I will save what I have left over for a rainy day; I certainly do feel high from like 450mg, I just don't do that anymore.
Thanks

The general point of reference is:

100mg Pregabalin = 600mg Gabapentin

I believe in this for the most part. The biggest problem would be the complicated pharmacology/pharmacokinetics of Gabapentin (Neurontin), especially compared to the relatively simple pharmacokinetics of Pregabalin. All I can say is, try to keep all variables the same when taking Gabapentin so you can expect a relatively straightforward experience.

For instance, if you are taking it three times a day, specifically take it after each meal. Stomach contents are the most important variable and can easily lead to a doubling of potency with Gabapentin. If you are able to take your pills at the right time, I don't think you should have much trouble.

Yeah I've been through this. Gabapentin substitutes for pregabalin in the sense of covering any withdrawal symptoms. Granted gabapentin isn't nearly as enjoyable as pregabalin but it will cover all withdrawal symptoms.

I don't recall what the dose conversion was but I was on a hefty dose of pregabalin (900mg/day) tapered down to 150mg and switched to gabapentin, I believe 1800mg/day.
Thank you and since we are on the subject again about gabapentin and also pregabalin for withdrawal synptoms I feel like the Pregabalin helped me much better through withdrawals because of the fact that it can help with anxiety. And is much stronger than gabapentin. Smoother.

I did take Pregabalin a few days in a row for withdrawals.

I took gabapentin one time for pain and it did not help and I didn't like gabapentin that much either.

They both can cause seizures and and have side affects because they are junk medicine's. And they are nothing I am too interested in.

However, for withdrawals I would take a Pregabalin now. My question is : . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
How long do I have to wait for Pregabalin to be able to work after being on my favorite drug and doc NORCO ?? I stopped Norco because I ran out. Maybe I am withdrawing, I don't know but I am still wanting to use the PREGABALIN. PROPERLY ( i mean as a harm reduction tweek, to feel better ) ?

I took some Norco and it really helped me now that I am going through my Methotrexate therapy. I was up and doing great mixing Methotrexate with Norco. Thanks DOC !!

(the pain management situation is a whole different story. but Norco isn't around too much anymore. it's okay i smoke weed for pain too)

But right now I am wanting to use Pregabalin for withdrawals. So how long do I have to wait for after taking the Norco for the Pregabalin to work properly ????

I found this on the Internet so far.

"Some medications, however, can interact with methotrexate and cause adverse effects.
It's important to be mindful of these potential drug interactions to make sure you reap the
benefit of the medication and keep side effects to a minimum."

Also it is saying that Methotrexate and Pregabaline causes malaise. When I took the Pregabalin previously, I wasn't taking Methotrexate.

Maybe the gabapentin would be safer then !