• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pregabalin to gabapentin

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Okay, so for four days I've been getting high on Lyrica and now I still have some but feel I need a break. So I'm going to gabapentin. There very similar but also different. So will I feel the buzz off of gabapentin or will cross tolerance be an issue?

Wulp tested it out, took ten 300 mg gabas and seven lyrica. I'm getting really high.

Definitely a cross tolerance, I did the same using gabapentin while on a break from Lyrica. The gabapentin didn't get me anywhere, can't remember what dose I took but before I started taking Lyrica regularly as little as 600mg of gabapentin would affect me.

My doctor wanted to prescribe Lyrica but my insurance doesn't cover it, so I get Gabapentin. I notice that as long as I take a break for a few days every week or so, it mellows me out just fine. I feel the effects with no problem, but those breaks are necessary to bring my tolerance back down.

Man, I have been taking lyrica for five days now and today I seem higher than a kite. I drank two massive monster drinks which I believe tip me over the edge of hypomania so all in all a good day,

The cross-tolerance between the two is very close to 100%. I've used them both extensively in the past. I'm not basing this on science or medicine, although we do know that Pregabalin (Lyrica) was designed to be a more potent successor to Gabapentin (Neurontin) and acts upon essentially the same mechanisms in the body. It's what you would expect.

They are extremely similar drugs with a tiny difference in their psychotropic effects to side effects ratio, imo.

100mg Pregabalin = 300mg Gabapentin

I would stop abusing Lyrica asap. Its tolerance to recreational effects builds very quickly and doesn't really dissipate for an extremely long time. Also, its withdrawals can be horrible after abusing at high doses, don't let the fact that it's "only" schedule V fool you. Some have compared wd from high doses to both a mild opiate and benzo wd.