• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

pregabalin seizures

rizburt

Bluelighter
Hi all, apologies if I'm posting this wrong I often research on here but I'm new to posting.
long story short I've been recklessly abusing pregabalin for about a year kinda ignorant of the real dangers and selfishly indulging after a good few years sober from everything.
I'm usually snorting around 1.5 grams a day sometimes more (3g most) sometimes less (900mg minumum) but I need to start getting my shit together at least a little bit, would love to find a place where i can just enjoy the odd time getting high with it but baby steps eh.
Does anyone know much about seizure risk? I've read alot about tapering but cant find out at what point it gets into the danger zone of stopping too fast from higher doses I have kratom and a load of benzos to help with wd and some gabapentin to help with the jump (I did this once when I stopped before and it helped). I dont want to cut down too fast if its dangerous, but I also know that using such high amounts all the time is dangerous too. Any advice would be well appreciated. sorry if this topic has been discussed alot before but im struggling to find out about high dose withdrawals. Its not so much I want to be sober I just know that my pregabalin use needs to be brought into line, I still like to get high one way or another
Thanks

Benzos and gabapentin should keep u out of danger, i quit pregabalin many times And WD Is on lvl of opioid WD, i recommend u some NSAID, magnesium and levetiracetam

thanks for your reply. have you jumped from high to low doses? without issues? obviously some wd....
i can get my hands on most benzos too, also can get more pregab whenever needed so a slow taper is well posssible.
i got some k pins, clobazam and carbamazepine but read somewhere that they are for other kinds of seizures so wont help for seizure risk?
i guess i just try and start slow

have you been able to stop to get tolerance down and seizure risk and enjoy it recreationally again without getting sucked back in?

Any benzodiazepine, clonazepam clobazam diazepam alprazolam etc. , acts against seizures but i would probably try clonazepam (great drug but in my country Its not more available ), other option Is alprazolam which in fact is not so short acting and it gives a punch of relaxation straight to your head...0,5-4mg daily Is casual dosage but i need 10-15mg cause i am on alprazolam for 9 years...So, it Is better to slowly tapper down pregabalin but i did it cold turkey many times...and it Is still functional drug i have a pack of it right next to me...i do not advice carbamazepine, rather lamotrigine and LEVETIRACETAM (GREAT FOR SEIZURES)....And yes i jumped from mega-doses to zero And WD for 3 days of hell...

thanks for the info. Ive got a good stash of clobazam and clonazepam so should be sweet and can get more easily, aswell as diazepam and alprazolam. ive had issues with benzos in the past so i will go easy. well had issues getting off benzos in the past. sounds like you might be the same eh....
good to hear that you can still use it recreationally, i hope i can get there again soon because i can get it cheap and easy here
thanks for the advice, it always helps to talk to someone whos been there

Feel free to ask anything u will need. I am here to help. 10years benzo And hardcore opiate addict, 12 years Meth And 15 years weed....

First sont snort the pregabs they not like coke absorbed that way instead put them in capsul,es and swallow them a better bu takes longer Nand you be ok would have thought i have taken massive doses of pregabs 60 times 300 mg i got leg twitches and fucked but never anything else

Feel free to ask anything, i am here to help.
thanks brother... Ive had years clean from anything, but had some hard times last few years and where i live decent drugs are hard to find and not worth the risk, but can get hold of pretty much any meds except decent opiates (only codeine, tramadol and mst). but ive had a bit of a love affair with pregab because its cheap and easy, like i say i try to not abuse benzos like i used to and limit myself to a few times a week only. but pregabalin is a strange old substance eh....
kratom is helping me cut down too and much more affordable than benzos as it grows here

First sont snort the pregabs they not like coke absorbed that way instead put them in capsul,es and swallow them a better bu takes longer Nand you be ok would have thought i have taken massive doses of pregabs 60 times 300 mg i got leg twitches and fucked but never anything else
you did 18000mg in one hit and your alive????? or gabapentin?
pregabalin is absolutely absorbed intranasally, unless again gabapentin is not. i know its not good though but its my preferred ROA, maybe just because of years of snorting other things. sounds stupid but thats how i like it, maybe just the ritual. i wish all meds were snortable haha

pregabalin is absolutely absorbed intranasally, unless again gabapentin is not. i know its not good though but its my preferred ROA, maybe just because of years of snorting other things. sounds stupid but thats how i like it, maybe just the ritual. i wish all meds were snortable haha
Not one hit i had 2000 indian signature 300mg pregabalins they came in strips of 15 would wake up take 15 then 15 lunch 15 around 3 and some 15 at night . this was after nearly 2 years on them but i been a drug addict since 15 now 47 nothing came close to killing me as them my kidneys started playing up i looked pregnant with all the water in stomach and i could feel water on lung took 6 month taper to get of

I still snort a 3000 mg capsule then swallow rest im lioke you i like to snort even if not doing much

thats a serious dose mate but yea after 2 years i can see how, tolerance builds so fast eh. first time and 300mg gets you a bit fucked. a week later thats 900mg or more
yea i do mix between snorting and swallowing some but definitly like to huff em..
well glad you made it through mate. ive been noticing the water retention too, one of the reasons i wanna get a better control of my use. also now getting full body aches and weakness not just from the wd but i feel like pregab is causing it

thats a serious dose mate but yea after 2 years i can see how, tolerance builds so fast eh. first time and 300mg gets you a bit fucked. a week later thats 900mg or more
yea i do mix between snorting and swallowing some but definitly like to huff em..
well glad you made it through mate. ive been noticing the water retention too, one of the reasons i wanna get a better control of my use. also now getting full body aches and weakness not just from the wd but i feel like pregab is causing it
My brother take it slow with the taper if you on it everyday drop a little every three days . When down to 150 mg jump but have some diaepams for the anxiety . The pregab rattle worse then heroin twice jumping of mega doses without taper i have tried to commit suicide .
Water retention is a problem if your piss is very foamy time to drop dosage or stop for a bit

snorting pregabalin does nothing in nasal mucuosa only drips fast as not being in a hard capsule like they should be it acts faster.
Oral is a way to go and try to space doses like 2x 300mg a day or 150mg in the morning and the other 450ng later in day.

That should stable you in a therapeutic and anxiolytic but not head-fuck or high so there is that...
you can just taper it with it-self why taking other potent benzodiazepines when you may slip in danger zone with them as

you snort grams of frickin pregabalin

just a thought stay safe

Thanks brother appreciate the advise..sorry to hear that you had to go through that, glad you didnt finish the job mate
yea I wasnt expecting such a rattle from pregabalin. I was clueless, I knew it was abit addictive but wasnt ready this, Im sure we have all been on and off with addictive drugs and kinda know where we stand. The couple of times i did stop/break was fucking brutal. like you say Im gunna try and take it slow. tbh i need to swap it out for something else right now. im not looking to go sober i just wanna get off this shit for a while

snorting pregabalin does nothing in nasal mucuosa only drips fast as not being in a hard capsule like they should be it acts faster.
Oral is a way to go and try to space doses like 2x 300mg a day or 150mg in the morning and the other 450ng later in day.

That should stable you in a therapeutic and anxiolytic but not head-fuck or high so there is that...
you can just taper it with it-self why taking other potent benzodiazepines when you may slip in danger zone with them as

you snort grams of frickin pregabalin

just a thought stay safe
Yea your right oral is way to go, its just the ritual too. Old habits die hard. I can taper the pregabablin on its own i know but sometimes my need or want to find something to take the edge off makes me slip. So something else can help me to turn off the head noise for a minute.
Appreciate the advice mate... Funnily enough thats exactly what im trying right now limiting to 600-900 a day. My biggest concern is what ive read after prolonged high doses if stopped suddenly can cause seizures. Like you all say a slow taper is safer and stops the clucking
Thanks brother