• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids pregabalin/oxycodone

dynodavie

Bluelighter
Anyways I detoxed myself and got clear of everything for six weeks and then you deal with chronic pain issues I have for my neck surgery I’ve been using pregabalin at 400 mg one day a week on Saturday and I take oxy one day a week at between 80 and 100 mg on Tuesday I have stuck to this religiously for three weeks now and believe I can keep going at this because I know what it takes to come off of either of these drugs plus when I do the pre-Gabalin it last the day I do it and most all of the next day in the same with the opioids I have pain relief that day and most of the next day and I’ll reserve myself to excepting the fact that I’m going to have some pain but for 4 good days a week I’m half ass pain free I can live like that knowing that on my bad days I have a couple of good ones coming up and it’s easier to except that way and my question is using these two particular drugs just one day a week and staying disciplined on that schedule wI’ll I have to suffer tolerance issues and withdrawal issues if I quit only using at this pace once a week for each drug and I take the pre-Gabalin on Saturday which would be the worst day of the opioid withdrawal and I take the opiates on Tuesday which would be the worst Day of the preGabalin withdrawal, If I stay at this pace and be disciplined about only using each drug one day a week should not be all right as far as a physical dependence goes ?

You can expect some suffering and misery but it will be very delayed.

I'm sorry to post so bluntly but you will always be assisted in pain relief (just a little bit less over time). The oxycodone will inevitably become a tolerance issue kind of thing. There's no way after years of this that you will be just fine on the same dose, and after like a year or so I could see someone such as yourself not only getting a bit greedier with the opioid feelings, but literally requiring more of it to ease the pain and stay out of withdrawals between your use. You will be held hostage a bit to the oxy because some tiny sickness between each dose is inevitable as time progresses. Even with one-day-a-week use of painkillers, I think your body will become dependent on them but incredibly slowly. It sounds ludicrous now but I'd never knock it out of the picture.

I'm less concerned about the pregabalin because you do have chronic pain it seems like. The only issue with gabapentinoids is how fast tolerance raises, but its not a soul-sucking situation like oxycodone so taking more pregabalin isn't really the worst thing. Gabapentinoids are not iirc lethal like benzos to withdraw from should you ever, but it will be very uncomfortable if you decide to get off them.

It is not to say that you are doing anything wrong at all. I know how living with chronic pain truly sucks and makes life unbearable at most points. If this is what works for you, I would just keep doing it and brainstorm some solutions down the line should issues occur. However, I'm not sure if the neck surgery chronic pain is temporary or?

You can expect some suffering and misery but it will be very delayed.

I'm sorry to post so bluntly but you will always be assisted in pain relief (just a little bit less over time). The oxycodone will inevitably become a tolerance issue kind of thing. There's no way after years of this that you will be just fine on the same dose, and after like a year or so I could see someone such as yourself not only getting a bit greedier with the opioid feelings, but literally requiring more of it to ease the pain and stay out of withdrawals between your use. You will be held hostage a bit to the oxy because some tiny sickness between each dose is inevitable as time progresses. Even with one-day-a-week use of painkillers, I think your body will become dependent on them but incredibly slowly. It sounds ludicrous now but I'd never knock it out of the picture.

I'm less concerned about the pregabalin because you do have chronic pain it seems like. The only issue with gabapentinoids is how fast tolerance raises, but its not a soul-sucking situation like oxycodone so taking more pregabalin isn't really the worst thing. Gabapentinoids are not iirc lethal like benzos to withdraw from should you ever, but it will be very uncomfortable if you decide to get off them.

It is not to say that you are doing anything wrong at all. I know how living with chronic pain truly sucks and makes life unbearable at most points. If this is what works for you, I would just keep doing it and brainstorm some solutions down the line should issues occur. However, I'm not sure if the neck surgery chronic pain is temporary or?
@GetMeOutOfThisCRAP yea i do have chronic pain in my neck and really need one more surgery for c-4 issue that has the top of my right arm numb and my pointing finger numb and a sensation that someone is following me around and poking me between my solders on my upper back lower neck with a screwdriver, some days aint that bad others its horrendous but after this last surgery and the covid thing and a host of other things not really wanting surgery this quick so was trying to find a solution to where i know I can at least look forward to a couple or so good pain free days a week without getting in to deep, and yea ive come off of pregabalin and it is as uncomfy as coming off of opiods if not worse to me, they say everyone is different i guess but most likely i was just trying to hold tight a year or so for this new delta variant thing to pass and to fully heal from my last surgery then go ahead and get this other surgery and not be way high on tolerance and be physically dependent or at least say after 8 months say i just wanted off of everything i dont want to face a hell of a withdrawal to come off a little discomfort would be expected, when you say delayed do you mean the withdrawal would be delayed as in it would most likely kick in after i missed that weekly dose or they would be delayed as in they would start to kick in at say 48 hours or 72 hours after a weekly dose instead of the 24 to 36 hours they would take to appear when i was using all the time ?

Last edited:
@GetMeOutOfThisCRAP yea i do have chronic pain in my neck and really need one more surgery for c-4 issue that has the top of my right arm numb and my pointing finger numb and a sensation that someone is following me around and poking me between my solders on my upper back lower neck with a screwdriver, some days aint that bad others its horrendous but after this last surgery and the covid thing and a host of other things not really wanting surgery this quick so was trying to find a solution to where i know I can at least look forward to a couple or so good pain free days a week without getting in to deep, and yea ive come off of pregabalin and it is as uncomfy as coming off of opiods if not worse to me, they say everyone is different i guess but most likely i was just trying to hold tight a year or so for this new delta variant thing to pass and to fully heal from my last surgery then go ahead and get this other surgery and not be way high on tolerance and be physically dependent or at least say after 8 months say i just wanted off of everything i dont want to face a hell of a withdrawal to come off a little discomfort would be expected, when you say delayed do you mean the withdrawal would be delayed as in it would most likely kick in after i missed that weekly dose or they would be delayed as in they would start to kick in at say 48 hours or 72 hours after a weekly dose instead of the 24 to 36 hours they would take to appear when i was using all the time ?