• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Pregabalin only affects me physically - has ZERO effect on me mentally!

jaxs0

Bluelighter
So I took 900 mg for the time. I started with 450 mg. 3 hours later I felt similar to how one would feel on alcohol - tipsy...just a bit. But unlike alcohol, it was just my body that was affected, my mind was still clear as day - weird feeling.

So a decided to up my dose. My tolerance to any drug is always high anyway. I've never taken the recommended dosage and benefitted. I always end up taking more.
So I popped two more 150 mg pills.

Now I'm felling drunk - not too much - and stumbling. But my mind though - damn my mind - is refusing to budge. In my head, I feel exactly the same as before I took the drug. If anything, it made me more self aware, and increased my anxiety. I didn't feel like talking to anyone - I was actually forcing myself to interact.

The music in the club sounded horrible, I couldn't move to it, I had no rhythm. My eyes were red, half shut. I'm imagining I must have looked very drunk.

All I wanted to do was go sit down by myself somewhere quite, listen to trance music "through a headset", close my eyes and enjoy the trip...or go gaze at the stars or something. Because that's how it felt, like it was a trip, when I closed my eyes. I would see laser lights in different color that would be shooting about making cool formations.

It was definitely not a social drug. I did not feel social, talkative or inhibition free...like many report here. On the contrary, I felt the opposite.

I can't be the only one with such experience on pregabalin.

So what could be the prescription drug (other than oxy or Adderall) that would have the opposite effect? The effect I was looking for when I took pregabalin - social, talkative, inhibition free.

Last edited:
Gaba stuff is just weird. No two doses are the same for me. Even if I haven't taken it in a while, some times I'll be mentally confident to the point where nothing can get me down. Others I'll be tired and my brain will switch off so regular day to day chores just fly by in a nice breeze.

I totally get you when you say it amplified your own self-thoughts/analysis things. When I hit that point I thought it best to just stop taking the stuff and rebuild my tolerance or never take it again. That was years ago. It just wasn't consistent enough to rely on. All I could suggest is do something that overwhelms your senses. Have you got a VR headset? Or some big loud dumb movies you could put on right now?

Gaba stuff is just weird. No two doses are the same for me. Even if I haven't taken it in a while, some times I'll be mentally confident to the point where nothing can get me down. Others I'll be tired and my brain will switch off so regular day to day chores just fly by in a nice breeze.

I totally get you when you say it amplified your own self-thoughts/analysis things. When I hit that point I thought it best to just stop taking the stuff and rebuild my tolerance or never take it again. That was years ago. It just wasn't consistent enough to rely on. All I could suggest is do something that overwhelms your senses. Have you got a VR headset? Or some big loud dumb movies you could put on right now?

Yeah I got loud movies to play. I'm sure it would be interesting to watch while on pregabalin. But that's kinda not what I want to do though. The reason I took it is to better my social experience.

Last edited:
For me haveing Been prescribed both and experimented with both lyrica and gabapenton I find lyrica too efect me in the way you described where gabapenton has a very pro social energizing feel too it. I've tried this many times with both and lyrica just doesn't give me the talkative outgoing feeling gabapenton does.

For me haveing Been prescribed both and experimented with both lyrica and gabapenton I find lyrica too efect me in the way you described where gabapenton has a very pro social energizing feel too it. I've tried this many times with both and lyrica just doesn't give me the talkative outgoing feeling gabapenton does.
is lyrica not supposed to be a better 'stronger' gabapentin? but whatever no two drugs are the same i have 3 bottles of this gabapentin, i think its time for a trip to the laboratory of experimentation

Man the first time I got high from lyrica it was at least as good as my first roll, I was really intoxicated (visibily so) but I just kept telling my ex I loved her and rubbing my arms and just getting into the greatest conversations. One of the best days of my life. Only 300mg I think too. But then later 300mg trials with a few days between were nice, but lacked the same magic. Gabapentin is also really good just less intoxicating and less intense. Phenibut is better than either of them. That's my experience anyway.

jeez 300? ive eaten about 1500-2000mg along with some addy and boy did i get a storm out of it

Man the first time I got high from lyrica it was at least as good as my first roll, I was really intoxicated (visibily so) but I just kept telling my ex I loved her and rubbing my arms and just getting into the greatest conversations. One of the best days of my life. Only 300mg I think too. But then later 300mg trials with a few days between were nice, but lacked the same magic. Gabapentin is also really good just less intoxicating and less intense. Phenibut is better than either of them. That's my experience anyway.
woahza at 300 i didn't really get too much out of it, when i started taking was 500 that was my starter dose, which has obviously raised alittle since ive been awake right now ive taken somwhere around 800-2,200 and it was a pretty woahza but i want to add a word of caution, best not to mix it with alcohol or lots of adderall

Last edited:
jeez 300? ive eaten about 1500-2000mg along with some addy and boy did i get a storm out of it

Everyone is different, especially with the gabapentinoids. Some people get really intoxicated, like stumbling around, from 300mg of gabapentin, where for me it takes like 1800+mg to just feel that magic goodness.

Everyone is different, especially with the gabapentinoids. Some people get really intoxicated, like stumbling around, from 300mg of gabapentin, where for me it takes like 1800+mg to just feel that magic goodness.
yepp, that goodness alright and most experiences are different so thats fun to look forward to but i dont take gaba meds everyday and the tolerance seems to be a sticky one with gaba meds comes back quicker than opiate tolerance
I do find 1200-2000 to give some sort of real coordination issue somtimes

Last edited:
Junkhead passing by dropping a tip: Pregabalin and clonazepam potentiate each other. Downed. Now add Ketamine snort some mg. Enjoy.

Junkhead passing by dropping a tip: Pregabalin and clonazepam potentiate each other. Downed. Now add Ketamine snort some mg. Enjoy.
This is really the opposite of harm reduction :eek: :unsure:

Are you taking any anti-psychotic medication?.
I'm unfortunately forced to take a antipsychotic injection and I can't feel the effects of weed.