Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Pregabalin @255 mg oral + 80 intranasal

Working_Class

Bluelighter
So this is a fairly mild dose. 205 lbs male @ 5 ft 11. About 335 mg total.

I took the inital 255 mg at 1:30 pm before work, and it takes forever to kick in. Work was a very short useless shift today (hardly anyone in the clinic, holidays) and I bumped the other 80 at about 4:45 pm.

So 3 hrs and 15 mins in, insufflated the last 80 mg set aside for just this reason. I've found that pregabalin (pure crystal) really shines at that 2.5 to 3 hour mark after a little push from the last dose. This was the case as it started to come on just before I left my work place

Now the next part is what really intrigues me. I've done this drug a total of 4 times, I find it doesn't play well with others (strange heartbeat on dexadrine + pregabalin), so I've opted to make it a solo drug on further experimentation. It lasts forever (it gots legs) and the general sense of lethargy that accompanies other GABAergics, isn't present. Last time I used this exact dosage protocol, I had a very similar experience, with the clear headed inebriation, a disinhibitted sort of twilight, where everything is dandy, very long come up, and there is no sharp pains in my back (or anywhere, shit kills pain like a charm), the high is nice and definitely makes itself known, but it allows you to still function.

So initial dose 255 mg @ 1:30, bump 80 mg @ 4:30. Get home from work at 6, and the Ms just came home with some things to help organize our place. So we took the little wooden chest type boxes in, and I found myself compelled to organize and set things in order, vaccum, hang all the laundry, organize book shelves and my various collections of paraphernalia and extraction equipment. She did her spot beautifully, I did the office beautifully, and we proceeded to order the living room and reposition a few things to give us more space and get to the recycling bin easier.

So that was an effortless tangent that seemed to last forever, and it was quite satisfying. Then I went for ramen noodles, ate 2 bowls, came home, it's 11 pm and I'm still all pregabalined out. So 9.5 hours in, still notably pleasantly intoxicated. Although mildly.

The final note that I would like to make, is that 335 mg isn't a mega dose. It's right in the clinical range for a full day's worth (sounds like people get it prescribed 150 mg AM 150 mg PM usually). I had urges to take more of something, more pregabalin insufflated perhaps, or a 0.5 mg of eitz. Just a little more of something. I had the disinhibitted itch... also, the junkies siren song calling me haha.

The thought was lurking, but the sensation of the acceptable dose that I had taken was sufficient, it was inebriating, positive, anxiolytic, and had good energy about it. It would have been absolutely hedonistic to indulge that fleeting desire. But, that is an issue with disinhibiting chems, they will take you to a place where you feel like going with what feels good. It requires a degree of self regulation, another additional dose would have most likely soured the experience. Also, I wake up in 5.5 hrs (4:30 am) to study. So that would have fucked my early morning right up.

So all things considered, this was a safe, interesting evening, on one of the great barbiturate chemicals. Always take your time with the dose on these ones, they take a very long time to fully hit onset, and if you re dose before the peak, you'll be in for a bit more of a risk of unintentional misadventure.

*IE; Looking whacked out in public, maybe trying to drive your vehicle, taking more RC's from the stash*

Just don't do it. Plan a dose, and stick with it. There's always next time to push it a little further if the conditions are conducive to deeper experiences. A psychonaut should not run wild like a junkie, letting drugs consume him or herself. We should listen to the lessons that altered states of consciousness are whispering to us. Today's lesson, was to relax, be with my beautiful girlfriend, optimize our living space, eat ramen, and write a trip report so others who try this drug as a one off hopefully have a good positive outcome as well.

Happy new year bluelighters <3

Imma get microdosed tomorrow AM and hit some DXM for the countdown!

Last edited:
A psychonaut should not run wild like a junkie, letting drugs consume him or herself. We should listen to the lessons that altered states of consciousness are whispering to us.

A psychonaut is just a pretentious junkie with different taste in drugs. Just look at the Shrine some day and count the number of people who will mostly be remembered as psychonauts versus the number of people who will mostly be remembered as junkies.

Pregabalin is a class drug though. I thoroughly enjoyed it especially IV which for obvious reasons isn't a recommend.

I don't disagree one bit. But there is a definite process when testing limits as a psychonaut. It's a more graduated and calculated approach, with documentation and preparation, precautions and limits. Being a full on junkie is not something foreign to me, but taking experiments one step at a time many days removed from one another is a very important part of the process.

If it takes my life, so be it. Darwin only awards those who miss their mark. You gotta face a reality with drugs, be prepared to lose your time, your money, and your life. That being said...

I may give it a whirl if I get my micron filter kit and an autoclave. Making proper isotonic solutions isn't rocket science, and it would definitely circumvent the whole 120 min come up if it worked out. I was also thinking about getting proper equipment to cap my own jugs of injectable solutions of various RC's for my own personal collection. Do you mind sharing the concentration and dosage of your solution? Just so we have anecdotes of past experience for reference.