View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Prednisone Reducing Anxiety on LSD

OrneTTe

Bluelighter
I am currently on Predisone and was wanting to use some 4-aco-dmt this weekend. I was searching for any interaction between psychedelics and Predisone and found this article abstract.

http://archpsyc.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/summary/2/1/89

"The influence of therapeutic doses of the corticosteroids on the mood is well known. More frequently a euphoric rather than a depressed state is encountered. The psychic effect of drugs like cortisone and prednisone has not systematically been investigated in terms of their role in the therapy of illness in general, or in mental illness itself, although some important data are available.1-3

This report deals with the result of 49 experiments designed to test the effect of prednisone on the model psychosis produced by lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD-25) in man. It has been found that prednisone administered for three to seven days proir to the patient’s taking LSD either reduced or eliminated anxiety due to the drug, without diminishing other symptoms usually induced by LSD, as measured by a questionnaire previously used in this series of experiments.

"

That would be a welcomed bonus to the anti-inflammatory properties of the prednisone. My only worry is that I am having trouble sleeping on prednisone on its own. At least I have some xanax on hand if I can't get to sleep. Has anybody heard of this or have access to the whole article?

I wonder if prednisone taken the same way would reduce the anxiety of a mushroom trip? If so I would have to consider eating some shroomies again! The certain anxiety I get from them makes me stay away!

I would think if it has that effect on an LSD experience, it would hold true with any tryptamine. I would like to read the whole article, wish I was still in college.

So I have been on the Prednisone for a few days now and I can see how this may reduce anxiety but also the chance to increase it. I have not been able to sleep well and have had a lot of excess energy the past couple days. I am still planning on dosing the 4-aco-dmt this Friday and will report back with anything interesting. Does anybody have experience using psychedelics on prednisone?

I registered for this forum entirely to respond to this post.
I'm in the same spot, I'm taking Prednisone orally every day and was wanting to try 4-AcO-DMT this weekend as well.
How did it go?

I registered for this forum entirely to respond to this post.
I'm in the same spot, I'm taking Prednisone orally every day and was wanting to try 4-AcO-DMT this weekend as well.
How did it go?
heavy dose of Bromo dragonfly. two days into prednisone cycle. recommend it or not? that's normal ain't it Norman?

I've also tripped while on prednisone, and taken prednisone far too more than I would have liked (which isn't a lot).

Here's the deal with prednisone. When you pop a prednisone pill, you are making a deal with the Devil. Not literally, of course. What I mean is that your mood will improve, and then, when it wears off, you will become irritable. You will feel hungry. And it's more of a spiritual hunger than anything else, and it's not really the satiable kind. With prednisone, like many other drugs that improve your mood (excluding psychedelics), what goes up must come down.

So, if you were to trip while on prednisone, I would hope that you have done it on the upswing of the medication's effects.

However, then you have the downswing, as always. Even if this happens after the trip is over, the deflation of the previous inflated ideas experienced during the trip may deflate. Prednisone is a hell of a drug. I'm completely serious.

I wonder if prednisone taken the same way would reduce the anxiety of a mushroom trip? If so I would have to consider eating some shroomies again! The certain anxiety I get from them makes me stay away!

I'd be leary of using Prednisone just becuase you're gonna trip...if you're already on it OK, but it lowers your immune response and, IME, makes you more susceptible to fever blisters and skin problems, little infections...shit like that. If you only had to take one dose for the anxiolytic properties that'd be one thing, if you'd have to "cycle" on it thats another thing altogether.

Then again, i experience little to no anxiety when I trip...so, for you, maybe it's worth it...?

I would also like to add that prednisone has an awful effect on some people. i would make sure it has a positive effect on you before combining it with anything. I can hardly imagine if a person took a substance looking for anxiety relief and ended up, tripping, in hellish mania state instead.

I am currently on Predisone and was wanting to use some 4-aco-dmt this weekend. I was searching for any interaction between psychedelics and Predisone and found this article abstract.

http://archpsyc.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/summary/2/1/89

"The influence of therapeutic doses of the corticosteroids on the mood is well known. More frequently a euphoric rather than a depressed state is encountered. The psychic effect of drugs like cortisone and prednisone has not systematically been investigated in terms of their role in the therapy of illness in general, or in mental illness itself, although some important data are available.1-3

This report deals with the result of 49 experiments designed to test the effect of prednisone on the model psychosis produced by lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD-25) in man. It has been found that prednisone administered for three to seven days proir to the patient’s taking LSD either reduced or eliminated anxiety due to the drug, without diminishing other symptoms usually induced by LSD, as measured by a questionnaire previously used in this series of experiments.

"

That would be a welcomed bonus to the anti-inflammatory properties of the prednisone. My only worry is that I am having trouble sleeping on prednisone on its own. At least I have some xanax on hand if I can't get to sleep. Has anybody heard of this or have access to the whole article?

I am surprised to hear that glucocorticoids, particularly strong ones like prednisone had any positive effects. If it is true that they produce euphoria does one develop a tolerance to this or not