• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Preciprocated withdrawals from heroin whilst bupe is still in my system?

Daddydopedick

Bluelighter
As the title suggests. Been taking 8mg Bupe for a while now and sometimes I like to come off it and enjoy myself.

Obviously, once the bupe is fully out of your system, only then you can get the full high. Everyone knows the half life is 24-36 hours. I missed a dose yesterday and have been smoking bits today. Not felt much but I've had small buzzes and nods.

I last took 8mg yesterday at around 10-11am, so let's say 10:30am.

I've smoked dark on and off and there should be about half of the stuff gone from my system already (about 4mg). When I smoke it, it isn't full on due to the bupe still in my system, but I do get a bit of a buzz.

Long story short, will I get preciprocated withdrawals if I took the stuff tomorrow (early the better.) I'm thinking that the heroin isn't fully occupying the MU receptors so I won't get thrown into full blown withdrawals/withdrawals at all due to bupes long half life, especially after about 12 hours from last dose.

Key factors:
- Bupe is still already in my system and occupying receptors; going by the half-life guide, I should have about 4-5 mg occupying my MU receptors.
- I'm not injecting the brown
- I aren't smoking loads of the stuff either, just bit.
- I started smoking today with the bupe in my system. If I took bupe tomorrow at say, 12-1pm, would I be alright?

I can't imagine I'd go into full blown RW but I just want to be careful and take in and advice I can get:)

Any help/pointers would be great, thanks!

It takes five half lives to clear 96% buprenorphine from your receptor sites. That's why it's best role is for short-term detoxification, 7-10 days then jump. Nice cushiony landing

It takes five half lives to clear 96% buprenorphine from your receptor sites. That's why it's best role is for short-term detoxification, 7-10 days then jump. Nice cushiony landing
What I mean is that I wanna get back on the bupe, I had a bit of a mad moment and had some heroin whilst the bupe was still well in my system and i barely got high. It's not like it was out of my system whilst I was smoking it. With this, would I be okay waiting 12 hours to take the bupe after smoking a small amount? I can't imagine much of the heroin binded seeing as I already had around 4-6mg still in my system. So would taking bupe 12 hours later put me into any sort of PW? Of you get what I mean.

Oh I don't know. I misinterpreted your question. In the hospital they give you for buprenorphine for breakthrough pain even if you're habituated to some other opioid and maybe it's the fact that it's given IV but I never remember precipitated withdrawal as an issue with buprenex

If you are already on bupe, you can stop and do H for quite a while, get back on bup the morning after you stop H and not have any issues. Taking less bupe that first time (only 2 mg) will help ensure you do not hit PW symptoms from what I have read. That all depends on the person though. Make sure you start feeling a little shitty before switching between bupe and H. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. I've been using loperamide to help with the withdrawals during the waiting period between taking H and bupe and it seems to works extremely well.

The first time I did the transition which was a while ago it wasn't great but it wasn't too bad either. The second time I felt horrible and the 24 hour wait was really, really horrible, I felt like I was going to die until I could finally take my bupe (this was before I discovered Loperamide.)

Since then I've used loperamide to help with the withdrawals in-between the switch and I'd say it gets rid of a good 90% of the harsh withdrawals and helps a whole lot.

I'm sure you possibly know of this but if you don't and find yourself having to change from H to bupe ever, I suggest using loperamide to aid you. It helps a whole lot, it's almost like a miracle drug. It's diarrhoea medicine so I'm not sure how it helps...but it certainly does and it works really well 🌞

Only trouble is, is that the boxes you get only have x6 2mg pills in and over the counter you're only usually allowed about two boxes and you need a good 20mg dose at least. I've found eBay is better for this. You can get about x42 2mg pills for less than £5. I've stocked up on it and it really helps any time I need to do the swap.

I made the mistake of buying 7g of really good gear a while back and I've been on and off it but I've finally got to the last tiny bit. I find it hard not to take when it's there and ready for me to have but I'm good at avoiding buying it when I don't have any. I'll be doing my switch back to bupe in a day or two and I plan on staying on bupe and not going back to it.

I consider what I had a small relapse (small compared to how much i used to take) and I plan on keeping it that way👍

It's diarrhoea medicine so I'm not sure how it helps...but it certainly does and it works really well 🌞
Lope actually is a full opioid but one which gets pumped out the brain by the P-glycoprotein pump, so only high doses reach the mu receptors in the brain.

You won't get precipitated withdrawals from taking a full agonist like heroin while on bupe, the problem is about introducing bupe while H is active. Bupe has greater affinity and displaces H from the receptors, causing a sudden decrease in activity and thus withdrawal.

I'm sure you possibly know of this but if you don't and find yourself having to change from H to bupe ever, I suggest using loperamide to aid you. It helps a whole lot, it's almost like a miracle drug. It's diarrhoea medicine so I'm not sure how it helps...but it certainly does and it works really well 🌞

It works because it's an opioid. In high doses it does have some central effects, but even in lower doses it helps with the peripheral effects of withdrawal... my theory is it fills the opioid receptors outside of the brain and helps withdrawal that way but I'm not sure.

You can actually get physically dependent on loperamide too, but it seems to take quite a while and loperamide doesn't seem to set you back like taking something like kratom (which is also an opioid but centrally active at any dose) does.

Lope actually is a full opioid but one which gets pumped out the brain by the P-glycoprotein pump, so only high doses reach the mu receptors in the brain.

You won't get precipitated withdrawals from taking a full agonist like heroin while on bupe, the problem is about introducing bupe while H is active. Bupe has greater affinity and displaces H from the receptors, causing a sudden decrease in activity and thus withdrawal.
Oh aye, you're right on that one. I also knew this; that the bupe has a higher affinity and knocks everything off the mu receptors.

If I was dabbling in this sort of stuff and didn't know simple shit like what you've explained, well, I'd be much worse for wear than I currently am😂