• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Precipitated withdrawal with kratom and buprenorphine - poll

Have you ever experienced precipitated withdrawal from buprenorphine while addicted to kratom?

• Yes, and I was still feeling the kratom when I took it

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Yes, and I was not in full withdrawal yet when I took it (but not high either)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, and I was still feeling the kratom when I took it

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • No, and I was not in full withdrawal yet when I took it (but not high either)

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I have no experience with taking buprenorphine while addicted to kratom

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
Pretty sure you're blocked, unfortunately. I've been on 2mg of suboxone daily for a little while and even that totally blocks kratom for me

Well it all depends on how much of a partial agonist mitragynine is in comparison to buprenorphine. Weird enough that Kratom is able to give you effects not unlike any other opioid when not having too much tolerance while bupe was odd for me, 2mg w/o tolerance made me kinda mod but without any euphoria and 4mg daily were like nothing at all.

Kratom even contains at least one alkaloid which is an antagonist at mu but it must have weaker affinity than mitragynine then so it remains inactive. Personally I wouldn't risk it to take a full dose of bupe while addicted to Kratom, as bupe will displace mitragynine with its very strong affinity but its entirely possible that there would be no precipitated withdrawal. At least it will be much weaker than while on a full agonist.

I started a thread with a poll to see how many people had taken bupe while addicted to kratom and whether they got PWD. One person claims to have gotten PWD, but also said that they only felt withdrawal for like 20 minutes and then fine. Personally I have taken bupe within an hour of dosing a full dose of kratom, when addicted to kratom, and felt nothing but relief (as in, the bupe did a better job than kratom, so when it displaced it, I felt better, not worse). I also have taken kratom while on bupe, and although the effect was very subtle, I did feel a bit of the kratom feeling, my thought it is has to do with the other, non-opioid receptor agonist effects of kratom alkaloids still working. Though I admit it could have been placebo. The effects I noticed were a slight increase in energy and a bit of that dizzy behind the eyes feeling that kratom gives.

I took a sub this morning and jumped the gun and thrown into immediate soul crushing wd, only lasted for a hour or so but it was pretty shitty, but obviously no matter how much sub I take I’ll still feel like shit so I tried just taking 4mg sub and some pretty strong kratom extract, gotta say the combo seems to work better than either by itself, not the point of the thread just thought it was interesting