• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Precipitated withdrawal after waiting 72 hours from smoking fentanyl analogue!??

Gnomenclature

Greenlighter
Hey first post here and honestly because I believe to be experiencing something very unusual or perhaps the beginning of something that will be entirely more common as research chemicals (fentanyl analogues) become perhaps the most developed RCs.. anyway I was a smoking tha “fetty” which we all know if it keeps you well longer than more than 3 hrs is definitely a “fentanalogue” as I call them. Anyway smoking anywhere from .5 - 1g a day of very potent stuff (I used heroin for 5 years and then switched to the various fentanalogues for the previous 5 years. 10 year opioid addict) although we know any way of measuring these drugs is just not comparable because the the cutting process and the variability of the volume of cut per (whatever large unit yielded) anyway def best shit around as far as I know... so I prob had 5 days of solid use waited 72 hours after smoking the last amnt and took 3 mg of subsolve and within 20 min I was in deep precipitated withdrawal and it only got worse for 8 hrs and I took mdma to alleviate the symptoms... anyone ever hear of this crazy amnt of time waited and then experiencing PW??

We see this quite often. I was just telling somebody the other day, who was using street Fent, that 30 hrs is probably not long enough to wait because of all the reports of people waiting days and still getting PW.

Last edited:
Hey first post here and honestly because I believe to be experiencing something very unusual or perhaps the beginning of something that will be entirely more common as research chemicals (fentanyl analogues) become perhaps the most developed RCs.. anyway I was a smoking tha “fetty” which we all know if it keeps you well longer than more than 3 hrs is definitely a “fentanalogue” as I call them. Anyway smoking anywhere from .5 - 1g a day of very potent stuff (I used heroin for 5 years and then switched to the various fentanalogues for the previous 5 years. 10 year opioid addict) although we know any way of measuring these drugs is just not comparable because the the cutting process and the variability of the volume of cut per (whatever large unit yielded) anyway def best shit around as far as I know... so I prob had 5 days of solid use waited 72 hours after smoking the last amnt and took 3 mg of subsolve and within 20 min I was in deep precipitated withdrawal and it only got worse for 8 hrs and I took mdma to alleviate the symptoms... anyone ever hear of this crazy amnt of time waited and then experiencing PW??
mdma has some noradrenergic action so that really wasnt a wise idea. you should better get some pregabalin.

Not to mention that after MDMA comes a crash, especially when taken more than once every once in a while. It will temporarily make you feel good but the price to pay later will make you feel way extra bad. I mean I get it, I've done euphoric stimulants to help with withdrawals too. But ultimately it extracts a price and I don't think it's worth it.

well Bromantane could be the only useful stimulant in that situation that i can think of but still only combined with downers. Bromantane, Pregabalin and Clonidine could make for a very interesting combo although i dont know how safe that would be.

I had a gram of bromantane once and I honestly couldn't tell if it was anything but placebo. Very mild stuff. Phenibut on the other hand...

I came searching on this forum looking for exactly this. I used a long time ago and slipped up last year after 9 freakin years clean. But anyway- years ago, I never had a problem inducting. I think the longest I could ever bear to wait was 18 hours, and I never got PW. Back then, it was supposedly H that was often cut with fentanyl. In current times, supposedly it is just fentanyl. The first time I tried to induct I waited 48 hours. I never got REALLY sick, and I assumed it was because my habit had not gotten very extensive. Biiiig mistake- hello PW! I actually still had fentanyl and was able to pull myself out of PW, but it took A LOT. I then tried going cold turkey so many times Inlost count- I made several weeks a few times. And I never got horribly sick- hot and cold, sweating, diarrhea... that’s it. But I kept fucking up, so I decided I had to go back on bupe- it allowed me to live a really great life for years.

Anyway. So I stopped using again. I waited five whole days- FIVE- and I was in PW, with nothing to pull me out this time. It was the absolute worst experience I’ve ever had. It eased up enough after 11 hours so I could at least sleep. But for 11 hours I was in sheer hell. But my thing is... fentanyl is supposed to be out of your system quicker, from what I read. Whatever they’re selling is not what we think it is. I’m curious as to what exactly this shit is.

I know when people try to induct subs from using fent patches they have to wait a ridiculous amount of time due to fent being trapped in the subcutaneous layer and still releasing slowly days after the patch is removed. However, even when consumed by a different ROA and even though fent and fent analogues seem to have a short half life and wear off quickly, this doesn't necessarily seem to translate into the results one would expect such as a short withdrawal period or even a short amount of time needed before buprenorphine can be used... I don't know why this is but it's just an observation.

Its very odd that fentanyls half life is so short but you have to wait so long before taking sub. The detox doctor at rehab told me he believes its because fentanyl is being stored in your fat. Haven't really researched into this. Its really weird.
I've seen many people go into precip even with Subutex without the naloxone, because the bupe is whats causing the PW, even though in my opinion Subutex is a better detox med than suboxone.

The only advice I give people is that you Cannot go by time since your last use. Everyone is different. You have to judge your induction by Withdrawal Symptoms, not time.
Also, you can pull yourself out of PW with a good dose of IV fentanyl, at least the fentanyl here in north Philly. Im sure this also depends on what dose of Buprenorphine you took at induction. Always start slow, 2mg at the most. Take a test dose and see how you feel. The only other option is benzo's and gabapentin to relieve PW.

I've been hospitalized for it. I was screaming and woke up the whole floor at the hospital after taking approximately 12-16mg of bupe after waiting 56 hours after taking my last dose of 80mg of methadone after having been on it for a few months. I was given 2mg I.V. ativan and 0.4 mg clonidine orally. I went to sleep within 5 minutes after that. Worst night of my life.

Last edited:
how did you feel after those 72 hours before taking the sub?
I didn't know about this. good to know in case I find myself in a similar situation.