• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction precipitaded withdrawl question

NeighborMike

Bluelighter
so question. if u was purposely to put myself through precipated withdrawl. would i be done detoxing?

if you only take 2mg of subutex opposed to 8. or even lower. would the PWs be less intense?

It depends on the drug usually. For opiate antagonists id imagine it’s similar to opiate withdrawal. Detoxing is some really hard shit, physically and emotionally. First 48 hours you will feel intense goosebumps, cold sweats, inability to eat, and some nausea. Around the 72 hour mark it gets a bit worse. If your addiction isn’t as severe you may not have as painful as a time compared to a long term addict. I just got done withdrawing from fentanyl lol.
But essentially yes, if you can stick it out, after the first couple days/week you’ll be clean and done detoxing. Weening off is the only thing aside from benzos rhad will mitigate withdrawal symptoms. Mentally and emotionally is a different story. Your safest bet is weening off with the help of friends of family. It’s hard to do alone. If you cant do that, there are methadone and suboxone clinics. If you go to the ER you’ll probably catch covid 19 lol.

Precipitated withdrawal may fast track the detoxing, but personally I don't think it would shorten the duration. The preciptated withdrawal probably would just feel so much worse than your normal detox that it might seem to be less, but it's just better than PWD.

The lower the dose, the less intense preciptated withdrawal yes. You are much better off starting with 1 mg and seeing how you feel than jumping right to 8.

I wouldn't recomend putting yourself into precip w/d, it sucks and I'm not convinced it would actually shorten your actual detox. I'm pretty sure one detoxes until all of the opiates are out the system and brain chemistry starts leveling out again. Since one can overdose AGAIN after narcan wears off without dosing again, it makes sense to me that you'd still be detoxing when the precip is over.

I personally used DXM for my last 3 detoxes (heroin/fentanyl). 2nd/3rd plateau got me to where I wasn't detoxing bad enough to notice. Took about a week. I chose that method over a legit detox every time once I found out it worked the first time. I'm not saying you should necessarily do it the same way I did, that's just my experience. If you decide to try it on your own research it first to make sure you aren't on any meds that would interact badly with it (like antidepressants), and start small if you've never done it before. I had a friend try it and he took too much. His detox was gone, but he didn't like how the DXM was making him feel.