• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Pre-loading before rolling reduces potency?

flyinglizard

Greenlighter
I was talking to a guy at a show recently, he told about rollsafe.org and he said this year he has started taking the supplements listed on that site. He said hes only done mdma 8 times this year, and maybe 4 more times prior to that throughout his life. He went on to say since he started with the supplements he hasn't gotten nearly as high as he used to. He also said his friends, who have been with him pretty much every time he has gotten high this year always seems to roll much harder, even though they both take similar amounts of the same stuff. He also said some of these friends have done MDMA many more times this year, and throughout their lives, yet they still feel the effects much more, he also says he can remeber times where he has felt absolutely floored by mdma, but never since taking the supplements. Could him taking the supplements prior possibly take away from the MDMA effects, there is always the question of tolerance, but with him doing it much less than his friends, and some of these claiming to actually reduce tolerance it seems weird that this would be the issue.

Before:
R-ALA
Magnesium Glycinate
Vitamin C
Quecetin
ALCAR
Green tea extract
CoQ 10
Fish Oil
Tums/Rollaids

During
R-ALA
Magnesium Gylcinate
Vitamin C
Quercetin
ALCAR
Green Tea Extract

After
Inositol
Milk Thistle
Fish Oil
5HTP

He said he followed the sites list exactly, so from what I can gather those are the supplements he took, could any of those reduce the effects of MDMA. The idea behind the site seems cool, but if youre going to take all this stuff in the name of harm reduction, but end up counter acting the mdma in the first place wouldn't you just be better off not doing it at all? Looking for peoples thoughts, opinions, and ideally some insight into which of these could reduce the effects of MDMA, and this has me interested.

I currently having the same question as you are having right now.
My rolls prior to the roll which I took supplements was in a way harder. There experiences were much more intense when I took no supplements at all.
However, when I did as directed in the site, took all the supplements, I hit the peak so fast and it lasted not for long. The total length of the roll was pretty short compared to the rolls I had before.
Right now I'm trying to look closer into the supplements and decide which one alter the MDMA experience

He said the gear was tested, and all 3 reagents turned dark/black instantly, not only that, but the exact same gear got his friends, who if anything should have a higher tolerance to it way higher,

He said the gear was tested, and all 3 reagents turned dark/black instantly, not only that, but the exact same gear got his friends, who if anything should have a higher tolerance to it way higher,

Interesting. Maybe he has just become tolerant of the chemical and doesn't get the amazing effects anymore. Everyone's wired a little different. Maybe set and setting is an issue?

Its long been known that preloading will hurt your roll. It's best not to preload and even the post load is useless in my opinion. Just pop your MDMA and have a great night. Adding all of those potent antioxidants will no doubt affect the roll negatively.

Set/setting and placebo IMO. I personally don't see why supplements would change the experience all that drastically. MDMA experiences vary every single time regardless of diet/supplementation.

I could see adding a bunch of vitamins, anti oxidants, and such dulling a roll by making the roll "healthier" by flushing out the toxins at a more rapid rate. That would be my guess, not fact just a mere guess. Alot of my friends take magnesium to get rid of the jaw clench, and I always say fuck that! I enjoy gnawing away at a pack of gum lol.

I'm not sure why anyone would take vitamin c before or during a roll because it's going to lengthen overall duration of effects. It's probably best to avoid pre/post loading and just eat healthy the week before and after your roll.

I'm not sure why anyone would take vitamin c before or during a roll because it's going to lengthen overall duration of effects. It's probably best to avoid pre/post loading and just eat healthy the week before and after your roll.

This isn't true. Vit C will NOT lengthen the roll.

perhaps you meant vitamin C will shorten the roll, as I have read some people stating it reduces the potency of MDMA, also I would think most people want to lengthen their roll/get the most out of their mdma.

I'm guessing the preloading just makes the affect of the MDMA less than it would be without them. In a way, Id say that was good for you from a health prospective, but if it takes away then yeah... I can see why people are moaning lol.

Can I just ask when is the best time to preload, I have to take MDMA tomorrow, is today too late to prelaaod?

Smoke some weed during (if you wish) for its neuroprotective antioxidant effects, and then take 5-HTP and any other vitamins etc etc you wish AFTER the roll. IME pre-loading and/or supplement regimes can have some positive effects, but for the most part are likely a waste of time and possibly even dull the effects as has been suggested.

I did 125mg of MDMA few months back, I preloaded first before I parachuted the powder and I found the effects where underwhelming.

Next time I'm going to do 125-130mg of MDMA without preloading and see how it goes. I will take some vitamins after I roll however.

My preload:
Whole-food multivitamin in the morning
milk thistle (before)
Magnesium citrate 400 mg/day for 1 week before, 1 week after
Green tea, with mint to wash it down

keep it simple..