• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Prasco Adderall XR

iadnow

Greenlighter
My generic adderall is from Teva. I read Prasco just acquired Teva's Adderall XR. Has anyone tried Prasco's adderall xr yet? Do you think they will change some aspects to it?

Sorry I'm new to the community. I feel like my post was extremely short. Everyone on here is very nice and respectful. I would like to be a good contribution. I've used Sandoz generic IR and its amazing. Teva's IR and XR is okay. I'm hoping Prasco does something great with it. I wanted to see if anyone is being affected by this?

Yes the brand of the generic will make a difference:

"To pass muster with the FDA, the 90% confidence intervals for maximal concentration and the area under the concentration-time curve must be no less than 80% and no more than 125% of the means for the branded drug"

http://www.medpagetoday.com/ProductAlert/Prescriptions/15685

This is specifically about Adderall XR

And don't worry. Good succinct, posts are good! They are much better than huge, unreadable ones.

No it will not. Prasco distributes authorized generics which are manufactured by and identical to the originator. Tevas was also an authorized version with everything down to the last excipient identical.

And generics rarely are different at all anyway. When they are, its normally shoddy manufacturering followed by incompetent quality assurance.

^Agreed. This isn't the wild west. Pharmaceuticals are pretty heavily monitored and controlled in this country if you haven't yet noticed. Although there can be some minute differences from generic to generic as allowed by the Food and Drug Administration, it's not ever worth worrying about.

I'm not going to say that it's impossible, because mistakes do happen, but it's not something I would ever count on.

Okay good to hear. I've just noticed Sandoz and Teva give me different reactions. And Sandoz from what I read is also a generic. But it could be all in my head.

I realize that this is an old post, but I had a bad reaction to prasco and went online to read about it. There are tons and tons of people saying that it is horrible- doesn?t work and has awful side effects. Teva is the company that makes it...back in 2012 they had approval for their generic wellbutrin revoked because it didn?t have enough of the actual medication in it. FDA took four years to look into it. It is supposed to be the exact same thing, yes...but it doesn?t always work that way. I was shocked when I saw so many people online talking about the same side effects- I looked up other meds and didn?t find anything like it.
Hope that helps or is at least informative? Don?t be too trusting! :/

Also ?generic? and ?authorized generic? are not the same thing. I am learning a lot about this now :(