View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Power Of Placebo (and other topics)

PsychoPete666

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, I wasn't exactly sure where to post this but I think it is appropriate here. Let me start by saying that I certainly do not know everything and being human I succumb to the same forces that are at work in all of us (psychological, spiritual, physical, etc). That is not to say I am lacking in experience in Altered States of Consciousness of all kinds as I try to use many types of tools to reach these states, and often with great success. The Mind can be a very powerful thing, and the universe also provides us with a plethora of powerful tools. This post is related to the power of the mind, as well as a few other important topics to consider/remember regarding Harm Reduction, even if one thinks they are experienced and careful (which I certainly consider myself to be when exploring new territories).

So to get on with it, there were some trials done with creating a volumetric dosed 3-Meo-PCP solution as it is HIGHLY recommended with potent compounds. Following all the proper guidelines a solution of ~20mg/ml was made using 90% Ethanol (played it safe so it could be just shy of 20). This solution was made in a little amber vial that came with a stopper which had a hole in it for "drops" to come out. An initial test was done with 2 "drops," followed by two more "drops" an hour later. These produced some effects, mostly consistent with what had been read previously. After these effects settled in, some typical combinations were thrown in to boost/fill out the experience, including beers, kratom, Clonazolam and some decent Shatter dabs. This seemed to go well and nice times were had so a second trial was done 4 days later but this time with 4 drops and then another over a couple hours 4 more. Same combinations were added to fill it out and produced a wonderful time. Both of these experiences have notes which will be written up into a TR soon to get an idea of the thought process and active notes and timeline.

The morning after the second trial, suspicion arose as to whether or not the doses were entirely accurate. As I understand it a drop is meant to be a standard form of measurement which is roughly equal to 1/20th of 1ml (or as little as 1/25th I have read some places) so with a concentration of 20mg/ml 1 drop should be 1mg. So the first trial should have been 2mg + 2mg (4mg) and the second 4+2+2 (8mg) which by all accounts should be fairly obvious in effects, and these were 'experienced' and lined up with other information that was read. The solution was then measured with a metered syringe and found to have only .2ml missing. So a grand total of only 4mg was used between the two trials, leading to the conclusion that the first trial was indeed strong placebo effect in the first 2 hours followed by false positive effects from combining other things. The second trial must have been threshold only and maybe some slight synergy with all things combined eventually over the course of the experiment.

This experience highlights several very important things the first of which is Placebo effect/Confirmation bias. This is something I would imagine everyone has dealt with to some degree and/or happens constantly in many/most individuals (probably all;), I know it happens to me and I'd like to think I'm fairly conscious/impervious to it but we all have human flaws). Even the most experienced researcher can mistake the power of the mind and suggestion on the imagination, especially when one is already dealing with the land of the Altered where little is truly known
The second thing is Accuracy of measurement. Be sure that your measurement is standardized, and in fact it would be highly advisable to only use metered syringes (preferably marking every .1ml) to ensure more accuracy as 'drops' may vary drastically from vessel to vessel. One should not assume that all drops are entirely equal and recognize this when dealing with different compounds as it could prove to have unwanted results, or in this case slightly safer results but rather subpar results.
The final thing is Mixing, especially when testing uncharted waters. It is very easy to confuse effects and potentially lead to false positives, or on the other hand could lead to massive potentiation and unwanted side effects. It is also highly discouraged to just throw shit together in hopes of a good time, as one should know the most they possibly can about pharmacological actions and interactions as well as safety profiles for anything that is combined. Many health problems, freakouts and deaths have happened from combining the wrong things, especially things that are not as well know (unlike the fairly common knowledge that mixing downers can cause respiratory depression). If one wishes to get the proper profile of a compound then one should be diligent and patient, and always willing to learn from mistakes but attempt to make any mistakes minimal and preferably harmless.

After figuring out these mistakes and realizing only threshold had been reached, a third trial was attempted this time with a metered syringe and a proper 6mg was measured and assayed. Going slow with this one is well warranted though and things worked out better than imagined, as this third experiment showed very promising results without going overboard which has been a common theme with this one. There will be a write up of all three trip reports when there is more time as I think it is important to showcase the topics which have been covered and hopefully remind everyone to be as Safe, Accurate, Knowledgable and Conscientious as possible and know that we do not know.

Happy researching!

To make a long story short: you took lots of 3-MeO-PCP + alcohol + kratom + clonazolam + cannabis. Why do you call that a "placebo"? This is completely beyond my understanding.

Alcohol is the worst drug of them all, as it is toxic to every cell in the human body. Taking several substances in a mix is bad when it comes as uncontrolled as you are saying. Opioids are highly addictive, even physically, the same goes through with benzodiazepines. Dissociatives are highly addictive (I smashed lots of my brains into methoxetamine), and my first impression is that you are "researching" your brain cells into a massacre. And my guess is that you don't even remember what you experienced because of the memory loss that is caused by alcohol plus clonzolam (a very bad combination!).

Sorry for the negative first impression. The good thing is that you are aware of the importanty of precise measurement. Please take care when going any further!

Last edited:
While I cannot disagree with what you have said I want to make my points a bit clearer. I didn't give any real timeline or doses for anything other than the 3meo, and with that the first attempt was found to be maybe 1mg and the second was probably 3mg, with the third being for sure 6mg. Now I am not advocating mixing these things or anything really and did in fact give a warning regarding such. I think it's very presumptuous to say that I don't remember anything of the experience considering I did not give near enough information to come to that conclusion. The timeline generally for both times was initial 3meo, wait an hour to an hour and a half, add a bit more but cap it at one or two small redoses as to not get compulsive, you know titrating slowly till you find the threshold and work slowly from their. The other stuff didn't come into play until much later in the experiment, starting with the shatter(the) after the 2 hour mark, then an hour or two later maybe a g of Kratom at most which is a rather small amount, there was a beer or two had casually over several hours and finally 200ug clonazolam close to bed time to help with sleep. All of the while monitoring vitals and cognitive abilities.

So the very first trial was definitely some level of placebo effect because the 3meo was taken on its own and allowed to hopefully manifest before moving on to other effects were from other items, the second time there was threshold and synergy and the final expirement was definitely apparent what 3meo pcp was about and that the previous times were not quite valid. All in all, and as previously stated in my post, don't mix things when trying new things, and really be careful with what you mix.