• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Potentiator!???

Given 2 Fly

Greenlighter
I have heard in the past that Baclofen is a good potentiator of opiates. Does it enhance the effects of pain meds in either a euphoric or analgesic sense?

How about Benzodiazepines? I have clonazepam. Will that potentiate my Instant release Oxymorphone at all?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, it will. Be careful. REALLY careful.
Always. I have been on these meds for close to 10 years after a failed spinal fusion left me almost unable to walk. They have been a godsend. Sometimes the pain is so bad they don't take the edge off any more. I used to have a buddy that could get me "harder" stuff for those rare times. But I moved and am now stuck with only what is in medicine cabinet. I stay careful but sometimes I need a little boost to what I take.

Good to hear.
To be clear, I meant the clonazepam. Haven't tried baclofen. But I've used c-pam exstensively with opiates. It's boosts a great deal.

Stay safe!

Not sure about the baclofen, but for me benzos actually dull the euphoria of opiates, can't speak to the pain killing properties though. With a drug like oxymorphone, that has poor bioavailability, anything that inhibits the liver enzymes is going to go a long way.

I have heard in the past that Baclofen is a good potentiator of opiates. Does it enhance the effects of pain meds in either a euphoric or analgesic sense?

How about Benzodiazepines? I have clonazepam. Will that potentiate my Instant release Oxymorphone at all?

Thanks in advance.
Baclofen - Wikipedia
I know they are not the arbiters of truth but they do mention how Baclofen works on the Gaba receptors in the brain. I would imagine that it has similar interactions to alcohol. i mean that it fucks with Gaba in some way and it makes other shit stronger*.

*and maybe weaker idk I don't understand the brain I just live in one.

Hey, I wanted to give my two sense about this since I have a degree in neuroscience and work on the daily with drugs. I've also personally dosed opiates with baclofen. I weigh about 160lbs and with 10mg of Vicodin (Sometimes more spread out over time after) synergized with around 40mg of baclofen about an hour after taking the opiate and it was like I was on a fluffy euphoric cloud for quite awhile (Maybe 4-6 hours depending on variables). However, I wouldn't recommend you start at those amounts unless comfortable with how your body will respond. Using more than 40mg of bac really isn't needed and could start to get far too depressive after that point imo. I'd try lower doses around 10mg of bac about an hour after taking the opiate. Also, and this should go without saying, but please avoid other depressants like alcohol when using these. These drugs are not toys to fling around with other drugs willy nilly and should be given proper respect, especially without experience with them. Stay safe.

For Oxymorphone your gonna want to boost it's bioavailability so drink about a pint of fresh Grapefuit Juice an hour or two prior to dosing the Oxymorphone. For enhanced CPY inhibition then coadminister Diphenhydramine with the Grapefruit Juice but please be careful doing this though and I'd take a slightly lower dose of the Oxymorphone to start off with.