• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Potentiating opioids

DruggyInAcademia

Greenlighter
If SWIM wants to potentiate the little bit of opioids he has… should he drink before it or take a few E pills before it?? Which would potentiate more?? #Opioids #Molly #Ecstasy

No to drinking and E.

Antihistamines potentiate, the drowsy types. But they slow breathing so don't take near bedtime if you had a decent amoung of opioids. Avoid if using Tramadol.

I like to add a bit of valium but it isn't a potentiator, more synergy. Again it slows breathing so be careful sleeping. This one is advisable to take with tramadol as it raises the seizure threshold.

I had an extremely scary experience waking up after taking the two above and an opiate. Felt like I was half dead and stone cold. I put it down to shallow breathing in sleep. Now I only take the above in the daytime and I don't sleep while still high on opioids/opiates.

Drinking, benzos and downers in general are better avoided with opiates. It’s dangerous, extremely dangerous without big tolerance and it’s not that good combo at all if more than a minuscule amount is added to opiates.

Opiates + E can be great combo, expect completely different effects than opiates or E alone. If your E is something other than MDMA, be aware it might not be a good idea at all, be it dangerous or unpleasant. And titrate doses, start low ofc.

First generation sedating antihistamines such as cyclizine, promethazine, hydroxyzine etc. are the go to for opiate potentiation.

IV cyclizine and methadone were once very popular in the UK as it mimicked diconal (dipipanone).

DXM makes a good potentiator at low doses (like 60-100mg) but I think it will also change the experience somewhat.