• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Potentiating opiates with gabapentin?

Gabapentin (with fatty food... i prefer peanut butter) ~2hrs before opi.
Almost feel like im breakin the rulz and will find out soon....
This is why they scheduling gabap and pregab... people like us find a way to use less of each to get a desired relief from pain.
Happy trips
Peace

Hey @Tifftifco2 long time question, but a good question nonetheless.

Any gabapentoid synergises well with opioids. I tend to use my ER Oxy in tact, at the same time, due to almost identical metabolisation and onset times!! If taking IR Oxy, I suggest an hour or two prior, as @PtahTek says.

Note: Oxy + Phenibut is the best combo of em all, absolute bliss!!

Yeah well said, tolerance rises exponentially, like no drug I have ever known. I’ve not bought any for a while myself for that reason.

I think they refer to it as “God Mode.” Not sure even God can feel that good no?

Hey, I've heard a supplement called ashwagandha can help reverse and prevent tolerance of opiates! Any ideas how true this is? I found it on a study that was done apparently it's to do with cxl1 in the spine that makes us develop tolerance and this supplement stops that happening. Worth a try though!

Hey @Tifftifco2 long time question, but a good question nonetheless.

Any gabapentoid synergises well with opioids. I tend to use my ER Oxy in tact, at the same time, due to almost identical metabolisation and onset times!! If taking IR Oxy, I suggest an hour or two prior, as @PtahTek says.

Note: Oxy + Phenibut is the best combo of em all, absolute bliss!!
I'd love to get both of those but all I can get is dihydrocodeine gabapentin and codeine . Oxycodone is my dream!

Gabapentin (with fatty food... i prefer peanut butter) ~2hrs before opi.
Almost feel like im breakin the rulz and will find out soon....
This is why they scheduling gabap and pregab... people like us find a way to use less of each to get a desired relief from pain.
Happy trips
Peace

Thanks, maybe I'm doing it wrong then? I take them all together on am empty stomach. Very little euphoric effects anymore even at 1200mg gabapentin, 180mg codeine and 180mg dihydrocodeine. I miss the feeling and need to find a way to feel it again!

Unless you’re using ER Opi’s, always dose a gabapentoid prior to dosing your codeine etc. The VGCCB (voltage gated calcium channel blocking) effects works wonders!!

On the tolerance question, any NMDA antagonist should help reverse tolerance. Try DXM or Agmatine!!!!

Last edited:
Can you tell me a bit more about what you mean about NMDA and tolerance reduces please what does it mean how much would I take etc. Thanks

Well, this brings to mind a pretty interesting "unsolved mystery" for me. What surprises me the most, I guess, is that Gabapentinoid use and abuse has increased exponentially over the past several years, yet there has not been an accompanyingly large amount of data regarding the safety profile of these drugs when combined with CNS depressants including Sedative-Hypnotics and Opioids.

What is pretty obvious is that combining Gabapentinoids with the above-stated can easily lead to a blackout, but the somatic end seems to be wrapped up in some conjecture. I can't find information that states blatantly, "this combination leads to an increased risk of death through respiratory distress". I'm looking around for some good data and this is the most obvious article you'll find through Google.

^There's a lot of information here; a lot of kind of dubious shit if you ask me. All kinds of information about "abuse potential" and "risk" et cetera. It seems to be pretty devoid of overdose-related stuff.

^Same here. So, I'm not really sure. Like I said, I find it really hard to believe that there is such a dearth. Gabapentinoid abuse is practically ubiquitous in the Opioid-using community these days...