• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Potentiating kratom with cyclobenzaprine?

truenamebrand

Bluelighter
I've read countless threads about opiate and kratom potentiating, and have tried pretty much all of it. I've sort of made a habit of the 100% grapefruit juice as a potentiator, although I am still unsure just how effective this is.

At any rate, I know cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) is a known potentiator for opiates which seems to have a consensus of being very effective. I use kratom just about daily and naturally some tolerance has developed -- surprisingly, though, I still do not need extremely high amounts if I don't re-dose in the same day. I also happen to have a prescription for cyclobenzaprine, for lower back spasms, which my doctor will continue to write for as long as I ask for it. So I'm wondering, seeing as it's almost universally accepted to be an effective potentiator for opioids, will it also be effective with kratom? Does anyone have any experience with this? And also, assuming massive doses of the cyclo are not ingested, is this generally a pretty safe combination?

I read a bit and didn't find a whole lot of value to go off of. I took 10 grams of Indo a little while ago and I'm wondering if I should try the cyclo potentiation method. If so, what would be the ideal dose? I find this drug to be extremely weak by itself but somewhat effective for its intended purpose at doses of 20+mg.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Personally, I do not find cyclobenzeprine enjoyable or therapeutic. I too have severe spasms and was on cyclobenzeprine for some time. I've switched to methocarbamol and it's world's better imo.

Anyway, I have taken kratom daily for years at about an ounce a day divided into 2 or 3 doses for pain mgmt. I used cyclobenzeprine alongside kratom for about 6 months daily with 10mg-20mg cyclobenzeprine and 10-15gram dose of bali. It was always just fine. I wouldn't say it potentiates opioids so much as it synergizes with them adding more sedation.

I always found cyclobenzeprine to give me that skin crawling antihistamine feeling so it's just not for me.

There is clearly some serotonergic activity going on with kratom so one thing to be aware of is cyclobenzeprines serotonergic activity as well, though at moderate doses this shouldn't be a problem. It is closely related to TCA compounds.

if I were you, for HR sake, I'd start low and increase. Normal dose of kratom plus 5mg-10mg cyclobenzeprine to see how you respond and go from there. This combo certainly is not inherently dangerous if used in moderate amounts and appropriately ime.

I've found dxm to be a great potentiater of kratom.
15-75mg about 30 mins prior to kratom dose. For me it extends the effects and makes them more pronounced. I would not add cyclobenzeprine if dxm was ingested - too much serotonergic activity.

Thanks for the response. I actually ended up taking 10mg of cyclo, unfortunately way too late in the process. I definitely feel a DIFFERENT type of effect, mainly just eliminating entirely all stimulant-like effects of the kratom. I feel the typical mild kratom euphoria but instead of being motivated from its effects I feel somewhat lazy.

It seems to me using cyclobenzaprine in conjunction with stronger opioids would just produce intense nods. I know a lot of people like that. At this stage of my life, my opiate-dependent days a decade in the past, and as an infrequent opiate user, I find the energetic-type euphoria and productivity the most appealing aspect of occasional opiate use.

Long story short, I don't think cyclo is necessarily producing what I'm going for when I take kratom.

That makes sense.
Have you tried DXM in smaller doses as a potentiator? It may be more of what you are looking for.

That makes sense.
Have you tried DXM in smaller doses as a potentiator? It may be more of what you are looking for.

I have not but after reading so many people mentioning it here, I plan on doing so very soon.

The only concern I have is, while extremely tolerant of recreational drugs in general, I seem to be quite INTOLERANT of many OTC medications, dxm being one of them. I have not used it in a long time, but when I last did, I remember getting a little bit restless, jittery and anxious. Just uncomfortable in general. Diphenhydramine and pseudoephedrine both have a similar effect on me. Perhaps a very small dose will work for potentiation and not come with the aforementioned side effects.

DXM definitely adds a little edginess to the first 1.5 hours or so. It used to be uncomfortable to me and I would panic at times, now I look forward to it.

if you have access to a benzo this can help. or phenibut if dosed like 3 hours prior to kratom/dxm dosing so the effects line up.

IME, pre loading with dxm will make the come up more restless, jittery and anxious but when that initial rush fades you are left with a solid opioid buzz.

I've been taking kratom daily for a few years and have experimented A LOT lol

I'm talking about 15-75mg tops DXM. Not a recreational dose.
I usually do about 60mg. I recently took a DXM break for 6 weeks or so and started again, the potentiation is noticeable to me.
It's still kratom though, it can only get so good...

I've also found a daily regimen of magnesium citrate to boost kratom effects and aid in bowel regularity.

DXM before kratom has been horrible for me since i've become addicted to krat.

when i first started with krat after being clean from opiates for a long time DXM plus krat was amazing, as good as heroin.

I used to do dxm all the time at 100mg before doing opiates and it was always great and never had that anxiety you speak of....but nowdays with the krat i don't dare mix them because its very uncomfortable...glad i'm not the only one

Don't just take these forums at face value I see a lit of forums saying this mixture is safe but it is not. Flexril slows down your heart too and can be dangerous if you have no tolerance. If you do it is still not safe but may not see adverse affects. I almostt OD'd on this combo.