• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Potentiating benzos

Diamorphazepam

Greenlighter
I'm curious to find out potentiates for benzos.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CYP3A4
Theres are the Inhibitors are inducers for a bunch of substrates including Xanax and Valium but not temazepam which depends on 3YP3A4.

Heres are some inhibitors:

Fluoxetine (Prozac)
Cimetidine
Ranitidine this wasn't listed (sp?)
Buprenorphine
MIlk Thistle
White grapefruit juice
Proton Pump Inhibitors including Nexium (Esomeprazole)

Im assuming if anything the Nexium out of the PPIs would be most effective.. A good atleast 40mg dose before doing ya benzo.

http://www.clevelandclinicmeded.com/medicalpubs/pharmacy/julyaugust2001/esomeprazole.htm
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...PI.pdf&usg=AFQjCNH0ms8YniGja7rSGE1vhPndOCD77g

45% increased elimination rate and increased peak rate for Valium it says after Nexium.
That's actually that's a huge potentiation!!

I did my homework and there is no significant reuduced elimination rate for temazepam because it is not dependent 3YP3A4 enzyme like diazepam is and I haven't researched about Xanax yet.
Ive only really looked up the Nexium on Valium, Temaze and Xanax. If anyone has any info about any more about any or the inhibitors with different benzos that would be great. Thanks

Last edited:
Drugs that increase synaptic GABA potentiate benzodiazepines. Such as tiagabine, vigabatrin (this one is dangerous, so stay away, I'm just listing it as an example), which are GAT inhibitors. Progabide as well, if you can find it. You can get muscimol and gaboxadol online which are direct GABA A agonists and potentiate benzos. Gabapentin and pregabalin both increase GABA levels in dosages low enough where you wouldn't feel their own recreational effects that are likely to interfere with the effects of the benzodiazepine.

L-glutamine is the precursor to GABA. Similarly to how L-tyrosine is used to boost dopamine levels with psychostims like methylphenidate and amphetamines. It raises GABA levels, and from my experience it does work. I've noticed potentiation with temazepam.

I've also found topiramate to potentiate benzos. Topiramate is a GRIK 1 antagonist. It's a kainite glutamate receptor that exists on presynaptic GABA neurons, and when it's blocked, more GABA is released into the synaptic cleft. But it has other effects as well -on the AMPA glutamate receptor and carbonic acid... but I'm one that doesn't feel them that much, so it worked for me. It also modulates GABA A receptors, like benzos, but not on the same subunits.

I would try tiagabine. It's a reuptake inhibitor and greatly increases synaptic GABA levels. After that, muscimol or gaboxadol. These drugs are purely GABAergic and will potentiate sans unwanted effects.