• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Potential novel opioids

Mr. Hors

Greenlighter
Hi there,
I found one publication "Pharmacological effects of primaquine ureas and semicarbazides on the CNS in mice and antimalarial activity in vitro" which involve novel synthetized compounds and pharmacological test have been done. Pain was stopped when was administrated naloxone which indicates pain relief was by the opioid system. The compounds 3 and 4 was very potent, I did not found in vitro testing only in vivo. The synthesis is quite easy, few synthetic steps.
What do you mean about these chemicals from this publication?
Best regards

P.s. I cannot upload publication.

JpStnA.jpg

msFXyN.jpg

wZCT4D.jpg

cCNmhW.jpg

iACfob.jpg

YnXaTZ.jpg

MceAjI.jpg

RY0UCt.jpg

eXDsPY.jpg

THpJlD.jpg

HXrR1s.jpg

evxjY1.jpg

xYeSlW.jpg

There are 60 years worth of patents on opioids - building from scratch is the HARD way to go.

There are 60 years worth of patents on opioids - building from scratch is the HARD way to go.
Yes but for the well-known opioids precursors are hard to obtain and synthesis require well equipped laboratory.
This synthesis is easy and chemicals are available at Sigma-Aldrich (I have experience in medicinal chemistry).
The main problem is purification because they used column chromatography which is not good for large scale synthesis.
I also know that the basic pharmacology or subject Pharmacology from undergraduate degree is not enough to understand this publication.8)

try this chemical if you would like a synthesis method email me (it is in the form smiles data)
CNC(Cc1cc2NCCN=C(c2cc1Cl)c1ccccc1)C

this website translates smiles data http://www.chemicalize.org

best of luck in your search for potential opiates

-Streetcow

You can access a big part of newer publications from Elsevier and such over sci-hub.cc or one of their mirrors / TOR if the domain should be down one more time, somehow a kazakh student managed to get past their paywalls. But for search the only way I know is google scholar and then access the full text via that route. (I didn't manage yet to get study permission which is kinda laughable seeing a chief pharmacist asked me wheter I'm a pharm undergraduate many years ago. This is just the way life goes on this strange blue ball in a perpetual nothing ...)