• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Potency changing throughout oil pens

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
I've noticed this personally, they're from a dispensary. Sometimes they just never work, I'll switch to another pen, it works, I switch back to the one that didn't and it works, but in general I feel like there's a difference in potency throughout. This Tahoe OG I have which is like a pure stone has been giving me euphoria instead lately, there never was really much of that before, it's less than half vaped.

Are they distillate carts? Or live resin? Something else?

Depending on the constituents of the oil, there may be incomplete decarboxylation and as you continue vaping the cart there will be buildup in the chimney of compounds that fall out of the vapor faster than other compounds.

This means that the resin in the center chimney will have a different makeup than the rest of the oil in the cart giving it a different entourage effect and possibly a different degree of decarbed cannabinoids. That resin builds up over time and will melt back down onto the coil and this changes the feel as you go through the cart

Last edited:
Distillate. Live resin carts don't really feel any different to me, but that's probably because they're broad-spectrum distillates. I also just like the generally "clean" high I get from disty.

True, but this pen has been the exact sedating high until just below half. Highs from distillates have always been extremely consistent for me in general, so for something as stoney as Tahoe OG you wouldn't expect this. Flower I do agree is more inconsistent in how the high feels, and sometimes I have unenjoyable highs. Never with distillate though. Then again I have minimal flower tolerance and always end up smoking too much, so that's on me.