• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pot almost killed me.

just saying, not the pot almost killed you but you injecting a dirty solution containing coarse plant matter almost killed you. maybe filter your solutions before injecting...?

I understand what you're suggesting but it was filtered through a very fine wheel filter. However I suppose things can happen

THC is minimally soluble in water so the adverse reaction was probably do to the plant matter itself.Much bacteria would be on it and can leave you open to any bad scenarios.

Right I am aware of the solubility of thc also it is a non polar oil so it would mix with the water. My theory is that the (few) resin glands on the plant material - when heated in a solution with water - liquidized which then allowed for it to pass through the filter and into my bloodstream. Which then triggered the allergic reaction

I understand what you're suggesting but it was filtered through a very fine wheel filter. However I suppose things can happen
okay, if you filtered the whole thing through a micron filter, unsoluble stuff shouldn't be a problem anymore. and aren't these things supposed to be holding back bacteria as well?

now I'm at a loss. well you are okay now at least :)

Has anyone else suffered from an allergic reaction when shooting up? If so how bad was it?

UTFSE bro.
Whatever happened to you was a histamine reaction, and as others have said, had nothing to do with cannabis. So congratulations on your successful clickbait.

Clickbait?
The title was changed by a mod for clarity, if that is what you are referring to?

Title is still "Pot almost killed me" for me, I thought that was the original title?

And either way, that sounds like clickbait to me, since it was not pot that almost killed him, it was either IVing in general or OP's carelessness. It could have been anything and he might have gotten the same reaction.

My only point is just closing this seems reasonable, there's plenty of threads about cotton fever and IV technique

okay, if you filtered the whole thing through a micron filter, unsoluble stuff shouldn't be a problem anymore. and aren't these things supposed to be holding back bacteria as well?

now I'm at a loss. well you are okay now at least :)
Bacteria can get through a micron filter that is why it is suggested(though rarely practiced) to keep all of your gear as sterile as possible. As felonius said this wasn't due to mj it was most likely due to ops technique. Bacteria most likely was on the plant but it wasn't mj that did it,big difference IMHO