R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Post SSRI no libido

Chronic PugHead

Bluelighter
Hey yall.

My girlfriend has Been on zoloft for 2-3 years where we used to fuck like a pair of bunnies on crack.

But after she’s stopped the medication, our sexlife is just gone. It’s Been about 5 months since last time.
She tells me that it’s not me, but that her desire is just gone. It almost disgusts her. On top of that, she fuckin HATES to talk about it - perhaps it’s Shame -so we dont really talk about it

Anyway, i was wondering if anyone has any info on This? Does (yet more) time help? I’ve read that it Can sometimes stay that Way forever.

- Pughead

Sounds like she should talk to her doctor. How is communication otherwise? Talking about sex shouldn't be off limits obviously. Unless you're ok with being abstinent for the rest of your life you'll have to get to the bottom of things eventually.

We have great communication generally, but she’s very self-concious about her actions. What i mean is; she is afraid to Do anything “bad”. Dissapointing people eg. She feels as though it’s destroying the relationship, even though i tell her that it’s not. Therefore she doesnt like to talk about it because she cant force herself to enjoy it. She offered it, but i refused - dont wanna feel as if it’s rape:oops:

so her sex drive was better on zoloft without the coke?

sounds like depression

Don't mean to scare you op but there is this...

After a brief conversation during dinner, she Said that it get’s “worse in periods” (not menstrual cycle)

Sometimes the libido/want is a little better, but still far from usual. I’ll try and persuade her to consult a physician.

In case anyone wants any further info about the situation, i Will report back once she’s seen a doctor/psych.

Yeah, she really needs to talk to her doctor. The good thing is it doesn't sound like it's because of relationship problems, at least from what you've said.

We have no other problems. We laugh and Do romantic stuff. I’ve always felt that sex is - although important - not crucial for a relationship if the other feelings are cincere.

(Though, i Do miss a quickie before work?)

most people find that ssri's make them less horny, ive found that though they dull orgasms the sex drive can still be strong on them, its different for everyone

My ex was on them for years and unfortunately it is true and of course, it sucks. I was like you, some nights she'd say to me, just fuck me if you want to. Who the hell wants to "fuck" their wife like that? Not me at least. I'd frankly rather beat off than jump my wife and bang her like a rag doll. Too bad she really did need the meds. A few years later she went nucking futz and I was like, GTFO. And that was that. I appreciate your emotions in dealing with all this though.

most people find that ssri's make them less horny, ive found that though they dull orgasms the sex drive can still be strong on them, its different for everyone
It depends upon the SSRI/SSNRI and person. Fluoxetine made me have no sex drive at first but then I got horny. I became extremely horny on Sertraline, bupropion, and escitalopram.