• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Post Ritalin Addiction, Help me get my Dopamine and tolerance back?

Volvic

Greenlighter
Hi, PLEASE HELP ME GET MY DOPAMINE BACK! ADHD in crisis

Background

I was diagnosed with ADHD a few years back and was taking Ritalin 10mg once a day. Was helping me alot with my uni studies, but the euphoria was extreme and id be very talkative.

(Tried concerta gave me anxiety, ritalin xr gave me severe depresson, Vysnanse unavailable in my country)

The addiction
It was going well until i started using it recreationally. I recently started working in a very demanding environment and I got a prescription for 10mg 3times a day but…. i’d finish all of it in like 3-5days (up to250mg/day), going into withdrawals every month til my next prescription. For a good few months

I also had a severe coke addiction a few months ago, lasted 2.5 months but quit cold turkey and never went back! :)

Now
Im already taking Venlafaxine150mg and Aripiprazole2.5mg for 2 years

(Btw i go to 2 different psychiatrists, one that knows all about my addiction,depression and ADHD but cant prescribe stimulants, and one that doesnt know anything but just prescribes stimulants for my adhd)

LONG STORY SHORT
I quit the ritalin because it obviously doesnt suit me i dont want to be an addict and I just want to treat my ADHD. Im glad I caught it early.
(Another psychiatrist i saw said that my substance misuse was just me trying to self medicate and if i can get a hold of my adhd things would be stable.)

I’ve switched to Adderall XR 20mg as directed by the psychiatrist who knows my history (i know what ure thinking, ill just get addicted, but I tried to abuse it before, it never gets me high)

Im 1 week sober from Ritalin while taking Adderall xr 20mg a day and im still having extreme fatigue, sleepiness and loss of concentration, depression (ik its normal withdrawal)
Tried Wellbutrin to help with energy but 150mg makes me very agitated(not just irritable) and gives me uncontrollable tremors
Modanifil is unavailable in my country.

BUT HERE’S MY PROBLEM:
The Adderall XR 20mg is not helping my symptoms at all, it might be helping with the withdrawals yes but Im worried I have developed tolerance to it in the long run and im a very slim female so im unable to get a higher prescription.

I’ve just bought some supplements(hope its not placebo..):
L-Tyrosine, Lions Maine, L-Cartinine, L-Phenylalanine

Here are my questions:
1. What can I do to help get my tolerance back?
2. What medications/supplements would you recommend for my current symptoms, dopamine boost?
(Since Vysnase and Modanifil arent available)

Any reply is greatly appreciated, Im working really hard not to go down another addiction and I just want to get my life together. :)

PS to my ADHDrs: if you get addicted to ritalin and then want to switch back to taking it as prescribed… thats not possible, I’ve tried, you’ll always just crave more. Its not you, just means it doesn't suit you :)

instead of L-tyrosine & l-phenylalanine, try to get DLPA. DLPA helps tremendously (albeit i’m coming from an opiate perspective rather than stims). Kratom in low doses can help you get some energy & concentrate! I recommend getting some sunlight & starting with light exercise. having natural endorphins will help tremendously, and that dopamine will start reuptaking a lot more efficient over time. just keep at it man, as much of a pain it is. as for tolerance, really abstinence from said DOC is really the only way i can think to 100% lower tolerance effectively.

hope some of this helped.

instead of L-tyrosine & l-phenylalanine, try to get DLPA. DLPA helps tremendously (albeit i’m coming from an opiate perspective rather than stims). Kratom in low doses can help you get some energy & concentrate! I recommend getting some sunlight & starting with light exercise. having natural endorphins will help tremendously, and that dopamine will start reuptaking a lot more efficient over time. just keep at it man, as much of a pain it is. as for tolerance, really abstinence from said DOC is really the only way i can think to 100% lower tolerance effectively.

hope some of this helped.
Super helpful, Ill try that thanks alot!

Maybe try out Stattera with Ritalin if you could get it again but nonetheless give Starterra (atmoxetine) a try it can't hurt.

Vit-B50 Complex
Zinc 25mg + pumpkin seed oil
Omega 3 fish oil capsules

daily after a healthy dinner with tall glass of water.
daily cardiovascular exercise 30min-1h
Sex / Jerkn

DLPA
l-Tyrosine
l-Dopa (Munica Purdas) sp?

there’s many natural health suppliments to increase dopamine synthesis inside the CNS