• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Post psychosis pothead can I smoke cbd strains or will the thc cause relapse?

psychocopuff

Greenlighter
Hi I experienced marijuana induced marijuana induced psychosis. I have been prescribed resperidone and benztropine (I don't like either but it has helped except for the negative side effects of weight gain and depression). I read posts on here saying one's brain is highly (haha high) vulnerable to psychedelics/ marijuana after psychosis. Does this include cbd strains that have some thc in them???? Therapy has told me that is better to be well than right but I want to be right about being able to smoke cbd strains. I have a bad feeling I'm wrong but I would welcome any offered wisdom on this. Thanks for taking the time to help me.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's up to whether you wish to chance it or not. we won't be able to tell you as only you know how you will end up reacting.

i have a good pal who got cannabis induced psychosis as well, he still smokes to this day but to this day he still is not 'all there':(.

we don't have the selection from dispensaries like ~50% of the states in the US so we can't choose what we smoke.

as for you, if you have access to pure indica strains and you're hell-bent on remaining a pot-head then proceed with caution, just know this is your brain and your choices;).

the moment you lose faith in your sanity then you will have to make the decision to give it up forever.

CBD dominant strains definitely have me feeling 100% less manic while i'm smoking but they just make me too lazy :\.

Personally I would proceed with caution, if at all. I got to a point where cannabis affected me badly: I didn't get full-blown psychosis but it was causing anxiety, paranoia, thought loops, feeling super down on myself and paradoxical effects (insomnia, pain, etc). I tried CBD-heavy strains and even capsules that were supposed to contain only CBD and nothing affected me well, it all was unpleasant and uncomfortable. I know that's not the same as psychosis but my experience leads me to assume that adverse cannabis-induced effects can be due to more than just the weed being high in THC.

Thanks for your answer. Isn't northern lights considered a pure indica thats what i was toking on when I when I had my episode and mighty med recovery pen.

Personally I would proceed with caution, if at all. I got to a point where cannabis affected me badly: I didn't get full-blown psychosis but it was causing anxiety, paranoia, thought loops, feeling super down on myself and paradoxical effects (insomnia, pain, etc). I tried CBD-heavy strains and even capsules that were supposed to contain only CBD and nothing affected me well, it all was unpleasant and uncomfortable. I know that's not the same as psychosis but my experience leads me to assume that adverse cannabis-induced effects can be due to more than just the weed being high in THC.

Thank you for your response as well. I was afraid to hear that. I was hoping the cbd strains would be a safe alternative but I l need more input.

Thank you for your response as well. I was afraid to hear that. I was hoping the cbd strains would be a safe alternative but I l need more input.

CBD-heavy strains are going to at least be safER. There is research showing that CBD can help with psychosis.

Yeah, Northern Lights is a pure indica. If I recall correctly, it generally is supposed to have a medium-high THC content and a medium CBD content.

Over a year ago I had psychosis caused by benzo WD's and later from using spice. I was put on Risperdone as well and hated it. Eventually I got to a point I felt comfortable stopping the meds. I have since left all that behind and take dabs daily. I have never gone into psychosis. However some sativas can give anxiety and thought loops. Just take it easy and don't dive head first and you should be good. You will know right away if you can or cannot use cannabis anymore.

I should also mention my drug counselor has been okay with my cannabis use, but I see him weekly and he gets to see how I am. I've been living a drug free, mental outbreak life for about a year.

Be safe