• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Post- MDMA dizziness and brain zaps

C

Concernddd89

New to this board. Am having some fairly alarming side effects after a large dosage of MDMA last weekend. I took 5 caps (which were each 200 mgs) over the course of 8 hours at a party. Very dumb, much more than I usually take. This was my first time in 2-3 months, and I'm roughly a bi-monthly user. Since then I've been getting dizziness, vertigo, numbness in my hands, and what I believe are "brain zaps" (both when I'm trying to go to sleep as well as when I'm sitting at my desk). Walking feels very sluggish and I almost feel like I could fall down. The brain zaps are particularly concerning. I've never had these before.

These symptoms started roughly 48 hours after the binge. And they're continuing today in full effect (4 days after). Is there anything I can do to make this go away? Is it permanent? I'm taking this as a sign that my MDMA days are long over, and am realizing I need to stay away from this stuff period, but would love to get more info about a) how I can make these brain zaps disappear an b) how long they typically last. Thanks!

so many threads about the same old side effects.

get enough sleep
eat healthy
be active
very important to get plenty of sunshine and fresh air
be patient and strong you will be back to normal soon
dont let your brain dwell on the side effects, brain over matter.
the more you think about it the more your brain will make it seem worse than it really is and lengthen recovery.
mind set is everything.

Hey Concernddd89, welcome to bluelight. First of all, did you test your MDMA with a testkit?

Yeah that is a waaaaay too high dose. I think your MDMA is probably of mediocre quality at best or you would have been completely wrecked beyond recognition. Everything you describe are typical after-effects of a way too high dose, I've had exactly the same after 500mg (but that was really 500mg of pure MDMA, 2.5 lab tested 200mg pills). Exactly like you describe the brain zaps get worse or start when trying to fall asleep or when sitting at the desk relaxed for a while, usually in the evening. Also my movements were sluggish and uncoordinated. Tingling sensations in hands, feet and forehead.

These lasted for about a week in my case. It is in no way permanent but it is a sign you need to change the way you use this drug, keep it up and it will take longer and longer each time to recover. How long it lasts depends on the person but it will pass and because it's only a one-off abuse (how much do you normally take?) it shouldn't take too long. Intense exercise is the key here, it does miracles for recovery. On top of that don't do any drugs (no alcohol) for a while and eat healthy. Please read up on how to use MDMA wisely, it will save you a lot of problems down the road, MDMA is not a chemical you want to abuse, the side-effects of abuse can be pretty bad. On the other hand if you use it wisely it's a beautiful chemical and you won't see its bad side but only its good ones. Move on, learn from it, put it out of your mind and it will pass