Post editing on Mobile causes entire deletion, also cannot send PMs

N0 W4RN1NG

Bluelighter
I have taken a precursory glance at some of the stickies and threads in this sub forum, but haven't noticed this specific issue mentioned.

On my Android tablet, which is actually my ONLY means of accessing the internet since my PC had a *catastrophic* reaction to a local power surge(THROUGH an [albeit it, old and cheaply made] surge protector), I have been having an issue which to me is really of great importance.

I am frequently posting something, and only afterwards upon reading my post in the thread, do I notice spelling errors or chemical terms which my tablet has "auto-corrected" into non chemical English ("Mu receptor" into "My Receptor"(3x in last 24hrs!!!!!), which really makes the whole post confusing if reader does not comprehend it was an autocorrect issue).

This is obviously not a problem of Blue light Mobile, but more of a personal issue, or course.

HOWEVER. Whenever I press the "edit" button, it actually just completely, automatically DELETES my entire post. This is greatly unsettling, because sometimes I type the reply for 15 minutes, only to now have it missing in cyber space. I am used to little kinks with mobile versions of sites, but this is truly "ganz Anders". Especially since I often browse Blue light in "private mode", so there is no cached version of my previous post, so I am left with two choices, either rewrite my long post, or cut my loses and the whole thing, forget about.

I will be proofreading my posts carefully before posting in the future, but this is new issue, so perhaps a recent change in site scripts needs to be looked at or something.

Also, I can view, but not send, PMs.

Thanks for your time.

Okay, I appreciate your feedback. But I never used to have this happen even on same mobile device, so I have thought maybe a very recent alteration to website may be at the root. But I will read through that whole thread. Thanks.

i gave the link as it contains a link to the full site (which i recommend you use).

alasdair

This is an ongoing issue. I have experienced on a number of occaisions over the last 6-9 months I think. I prefer to use Bluelight mobile when at work, I don't like the resizing of desktop version on my phone. I've just come to realise that I can only write relatively simple things on the mobile version to avoid any potential need to edit. If I do need to edit, I tend to wait until I am home to use desktop on my laptop.

A similar sort of thing happens when trying to read PM's. It's like the site and the touchscreen interface aren't lining up, so you can click on a private message and the screen responds in a totally different area. This doesn't seem constant and I concede that I may be overlooking some other factor.

It would be awesome to get the mobile site working well because its usually the first/default thing a phone/tablet will display when accessing Bluelight through Google (I think) and its bugginess and difficulty of use may drive potential bluelighters away. But I get that there is no easy fix...

O/t: I think it should become a rule that moderators have to include a signature indicating what forum they moderate. For whatever reason, the mobile site doesn't tell you if a user is a moderator or not. I think there has been an influx of new mods and its hard to figure out who is one and who isn't. This is difficult for new users who may find it hard to contact staff and also difficult for moderators who sort of need the context the title provides to explain their actions. Otherwise it seems like a random user just blowing hot air in instances where a mod tries to redirect a thread or remind users of rules or whatver...

the easiest way, if not the only way, to send pms while using the mobile site is to open a new pm and type the name of the recipient(s) in the box. I too find the mobile site difficult and the only advantages i have found are the extra emoticons and easy use of the microphone-to-text application.

I'll add a sig for you swilow :)

I have no problems sending pms on mobile. The delete issue with editing threads happens to me but sometimes it lets me do it. Weird.

I've deletet 3 thread post today as I tried to edit them. Was worried it was yesterday's lsd that had messed me up. Feeling very more at ease now.

But please fix it :)

it will not be fixed any time soon. if it's bugging you, use the full site.

alasdair