• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Post-DMT: Nothing works the same anymore?

NJ5227

Bluelighter
This is one I have bounced off a few of my friends with similar experiences as my own. We seem to have reached a conclusion, but I need a larger audience. Forgive me if this has been discussed before, I just didn't know what search terms to use.

I first blasted off with n-n dmt about 1.5 years ago. It was a beautiful, mind and eye opening experience. It answered 100 questions and opened 1000 more! :)

Since that fateful day, I have noticed that the things I used to enjoy, I no longer do. MDMA/MDA works... but doesn't fully envelope me anymore. In fact, nothing does. To put it another way, I don't seem to get intoxicated. I am always "awake" and aware of what is going on. My inner circle of friends reports similar reactions to their favorite compounds.

On the flip side, I seem to trip differently now as well. Visuals are much more vivid now, whereas before, I rarely had visuals at all.

Would you say this is consistent with your experience? Thanks for the feedback :)

Hmm. I sort of know what you mean. My first DMT experience, I experienced essentially "astral projection." I had consistent daily anxiety at the time, but after the trip, it didn't hit me as much. The anxiety felt like it was somewhere in my gut rather than enveloping me.

I also agree on the visuals. For example, before DMT, mushroom visuals for me were overlays or morphing of what was already there. But afterwards, the visuals tended to morph out of their own source..? Inverse space, rather than a pattern on a wall, or rivers in a table.

Hmm. I sort of know what you mean. My first DMT experience, I experienced essentially "astral projection." I had consistent daily anxiety at the time, but after the trip, it didn't hit me as much. The anxiety felt like it was somewhere in my gut rather than enveloping me.

I also agree on the visuals. For example, before DMT, mushroom visuals for me were overlays or morphing of what was already there. But afterwards, the visuals tended to morph out of their own source..? Inverse space, rather than a pattern on a wall, or rivers in a table.

yes, that's exactly it (and thank you for your response). Good to know others are perceiving the same.

Few things will completely envelop a person as much as high dose DMT. Actually, I am glad of this -- no-more do I waste my time (literally) by taking massive doses of acid; aiming for the totally immersive effect, because - simply - DMT is so clean, and so short acting, and so easily repeatable -- and so crisp in the way that it transforms the perception of phenomenon -- so that at times I wonder if I have simply traversed the path of perception that leads directly to an experience of the underlying noumenon -- this is my best guess, anyway -- it is certainly what I experience, time and time again.

How the one flows into the other -- as one changes ones perception through titrating reality -- through smoking DMT this becomes so easily explorable; and so repeatable - that the noumenon/phenomenon of everyday life is there to be explored -- in the moment -- by the chosen degree; not wondered about or 'integrated' after an overwhelming trip. To me it is the perfect psychedelic -- and acid and mushrooms etc., I use more for social occasions these days.

I don't think that that necessarily answers your question.

This happened to me, except with a few minor differences. It wasn't DMT, it was MXE. And it was just like I had realized something, like I learned something I couldn't unlearn. The idea is called a Lethal Text, that which, once read, renders the reader incapable of reading. You should look into it on Deoxy, there's so much information there.

The other difference is that it's made me not hallucinate visually. They've become something much more integrated than simply visions. I fact, everything looks just like it does when I'm sober (except in HD lol). But now I can feel the hallucinations with the entirety of my being. Almost more like delusions now, than hallucinations.

The idea is called a Lethal Text, that which, once read, renders the reader incapable of reading. You should look into it on Deoxy, there's so much information there.
If I were incapable of reading I wouldn't know shit! I could delude myself that I already know everything-- because I am God, I suppose-- but that would be pretty stupid, really!-- I haven't even mastered telepathy yet, so I'm not sure that we actually are all connected by anything other than the act of speaking to each other. I don't know why I'm talking about that-- but it appears that I definitely am!

Yes,
DMT use has changed the way some drugs interact with me now.
I find it rather interesting. But I suppose I have no proof.
I'm just an end user with wild ideas.
If I were incapable of reading I wouldn't know shit! I could delude myself that I already know everything-- because I am God, I suppose-- but that would be pretty stupid, really!-- I haven't even mastered telepathy yet, so I'm not sure that we actually are all connected by anything other than the act of speaking to each other. I don't know why I'm talking about that-- but it appears that I definitely am!

dude that was so funny =D

Last edited:
2c-e opened my eyes in the way you describe. On 8mg intranasal I had profound realizations about life, and life-shattering hallucinations. But ever since then its like i'm flowing through life without consciously doing it. It's almost as if i'm watching myself from a television, but also controlling my actions to a degree. Hallucinations spring forth from my imagination, no longer spontaneously from the aether.

Perhaps its a form of awakening?

^ how you put it, it almost sounds like you opened your third eye... it sounds like you are walking around, stuck in meditation, without realizing it lol

I got the same effects, but from a near fatal dose of 25i

I inadvertently dosed near 5 milligrams and ended up in a coma. Ever since, nothing, not even sober life is the same.
It's really overwhelming sometimes, it seems like there is simply too much of everything; the room is both too big, and too small, and there isn't a thing I can do about it. It's wearing me down :(

Last edited:
MDMA/MDA works... but doesn't fully envelope me anymore. In fact, nothing does....Visuals are much more vivid now, whereas before, I rarely had visuals at all

Not sure what you're looking for NJ, you say the drugs don't envelop you but the visuals are much better?

It isn't anything to do with the DMT unless you're smoking DMT 3 or 4 times a week. It's probably simply down to taking drugs too often. Have a year or two break and then try them again.

It isn't anything to do with the DMT unless you're smoking DMT 3 or 4 times a week. It's probably simply down to taking drugs too often. Have a year or two break and then try them again.
I think that that's a good frequency to be smoking DMT -- over the long term.
Any longer than that, and one becomes too overwhelmed by the experience; and exploring it effectively becomes difficult.

One must consider the total tripping time which, at 15 minutes a trip, is 1 hour a week, 4 hours a month, 12 hours every 3 months -- so it's kind of exactly like taking acid once every 3 months! -- which is still very moderate usage, all things considered.

^^

Not if it's ruining your enjoyment of all other drugs tho mu-hamad. You need to get the frequency right so you can enjoy all the psychedelics.

If all paths lead to Rome -- take the shortest one; and have a good look around!
When flights are so frequent; why wait for the summer holidays?

When I smoked DMT, which I did successfully roughly a year or so ago also it definitely made all my psychedelic experiences later very different.
Acid visuals are fare more vivid and real feeling, and the overall trips seem to be more serious and contemplative in nature.
Mushrooms the few times I've done them since involved lots of entities in the skies, impossible geometric folding in the sky, things joining with my body and moving in and through me, far more in my face than my previous mushroom experiences.

However, the most profound effect was that DMT seemed to make me just grow up. Over periods of contemplation, I feel I have become less whiny, more realistic, started taking more responsibility and basically started caring about things beyond having good carefree times, all the time. It pushed me to seek more balance.

DMT is truly incredible. I think it's time to break it out again soon.

However, the most profound effect was that DMT seemed to make me just grow up. Over periods of contemplation, I feel I have become less whiny, more realistic, started taking more responsibility and basically started caring about things beyond having good carefree times, all the time. It pushed me to seek more balance.

I felt the same way when I first started using it. It's bizarre that such a strange experience can give one more common sense; but that is certainly what seemed to happen to me, too!

I see the experience (in part!) as a reminder of what's really important in life -- but you have to completely get away from normal life to appreciate what you have left behind -- 15 minutes in DMT land is certainly the quickest and safest way to achieve this, I think!

When I smoked DMT, which I did successfully roughly a year or so ago also it definitely made all my psychedelic experiences later very different.
Acid visuals are fare more vivid and real feeling, and the overall trips seem to be more serious and contemplative in nature.
Mushrooms the few times I've done them since involved lots of entities in the skies, impossible geometric folding in the sky, things joining with my body and moving in and through me, far more in my face than my previous mushroom experiences.

ya, id agree the intensity really ages you..

this would be nice. Will be finding out in a few hours hopefully. After some more mxe and dpt. First time dmt.