• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth Possibly cut?

Awc98

Bluelighter
Hey guys first time poster long time reader here on BL so I just recently picked up a gram of meth after not doing any for about 4 years. At first glance everything seemed straight tried taking a little bump and felt a nice little buzz. I was up for about 48 hrs after that night of smoking crack and railing lines. Took a 2 day break and resumed use this time by smoking it. Took me 2 days to finish the rest but when I would smoke it I could smoke 3 hours before going to bed and had no real problem falling asleep which I found to be very odd. Another thing to add is the withdrawals they seem very extreme for how little I did. Should be noted that I picked up in a very known area for fent and tranq (Kensington Philadelphia) just wondering what your opinions are have you guys ever been able to fall asleep so easy after smoking?

Yes that would be considered very strange. Disclaimer being that I'm not a seasoned Methamphetamine user, but I've used it before. I've met people who are heavy users who can use large amounts of Methamphetamine, but even they are going to be awake for at least 4 hours. Of course, someone who has been awake for several days or weeks is liable to fall asleep spontaneously regardless of their intake to a certain extent at least.

The fact that you're not currently a tolerant user definitely raises some questions. If I were to use Methamphetamine without a tolerance, I would be high for at least 8 hours and I might not be able to sleep for 24 hours, although I'm told I'm sort of on the light-weight side in this regard.

I'm not sure what it's like down in Philadelphia. Up here in New England, Methamphetamine exploded on the scene and was huge for several years, although it seems like the wave of Meth has subsided back into a primarily Crack/Fentanyl market. I don't use, but I'm in social work where I see and talk to addicts on a regular basis. Working at the homeless shelters for a while it was really difficult dealing with folks who couldn't go to sleep and causing a ruckus. Crack smokers can be a problem too, but they generally will smoke their crack and go to sleep after a couple hours at most.

I make this point, as perhaps there is some overarching issue with the supply/demand/economics of the drug trade. We never know what exactly is going on down the pipeline in regard to what is available. As a drug user, I always assumed that the cheapness and high potency of Methamphetamine wasn't sustainable from the perspective of drug gangs. A crack user can spend an unlimited amount of money on Crack in a single day, whereas 20$ worth of Meth can keep someone high all day. Perhaps the cartels gave it a try and ultimately decided it was better to keep Meth out of the market in favor of Cocaine. Perhaps if Cocaine weren't available, they would reintroduce the Meth... again it's a lot of questions and a lot of variables.

I will say that I'm on the East Coast like you and there has been a notable change in our market up here. I know 5+ years ago, directly before the Meth wave, there was a ~12 month explosion of "Bath Salts" (usually stuff like A-PVP). It doesn't seem out of the question that other Amphetamine-type stimulants could be substituting for Meth. It's impossible to tell without testing the drugs.

Yes that would be considered very strange. Disclaimer being that I'm not a seasoned Methamphetamine user, but I've used it before. I've met people who are heavy users who can use large amounts of Methamphetamine, but even they are going to be awake for at least 4 hours. Of course, someone who has been awake for several days or weeks is liable to fall asleep spontaneously regardless of their intake to a certain extent at least.

The fact that you're not currently a tolerant user definitely raises some questions. If I were to use Methamphetamine without a tolerance, I would be high for at least 8 hours and I might not be able to sleep for 24 hours, although I'm told I'm sort of on the light-weight side in this regard.

I'm not sure what it's like down in Philadelphia. Up here in New England, Methamphetamine exploded on the scene and was huge for several years, although it seems like the wave of Meth has subsided back into a primarily Crack/Fentanyl market. I don't use, but I'm in social work where I see and talk to addicts on a regular basis. Working at the homeless shelters for a while it was really difficult dealing with folks who couldn't go to sleep and causing a ruckus. Crack smokers can be a problem too, but they generally will smoke their crack and go to sleep after a couple hours at most.

I make this point, as perhaps there is some overarching issue with the supply/demand/economics of the drug trade. We never know what exactly is going on down the pipeline in regard to what is available. As a drug user, I always assumed that the cheapness and high potency of Methamphetamine wasn't sustainable from the perspective of drug gangs. A crack user can spend an unlimited amount of money on Crack in a single day, whereas 20$ worth of Meth can keep someone high all day. Perhaps the cartels gave it a try and ultimately decided it was better to keep Meth out of the market in favor of Cocaine. Perhaps if Cocaine weren't available, they would reintroduce the Meth... again it's a lot of questions and a lot of variables.

I will say that I'm on the East Coast like you and there has been a notable change in our market up here. I know 5+ years ago, directly before the Meth wave, there was a ~12 month explosion of "Bath Salts" (usually stuff like A-PVP). It doesn't seem out of the question that other Amphetamine-type stimulants could be substituting for Meth. It's impossible to tell without testing the drugs.
Appreciate the very well written and thought out response 👍