• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Possible ways to improve cough syrup taste...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoolinOnMars

Greenlighter
I have a question for all of you reading... Would taking taste changing tablets such as Mberry improve the taste of cough syrup? I would like to see if so myself,
but can't get any of those tablets at this time, so someone please test. :)

I doubt it would, probably have better luck mixing it with another liquid. But really, if you want to know, why don't you test it yourself instead of asking strangers on the internet to do it for you and report back?

I have yet to try Mberry so I have no first hand accounts but I believe Mberry mostly alters things that taste sour - it makes things that taste sour taste sweet apparently?

I don't know what effect it would have on things that taste strongly chemically bitter. Chemicals like DXM are incredibly bitter in a chemical way so I don't know if MBerry would do much in that regard? It may interact with some of the syrup flavorings in strange ways but I don't know if it would alter the taste of the dxm.

I'd definitely be interested to try though. I'd be interested to see if it would have positive taste altering effects on things like DXM containing syrups, mescaline containing catcus brews, Poppy and Kratom tea, ayahuasca brews, etc...

Though again, most of these things taste horrible in a bitter way not a sour way, so I don't know if the Mberry effect would make them any more pleasant...

Edit: I did some more research after posting this and apparently MBerries can sort of mask/alter both sour and bitter things, thus making things that are either sour or bitter taste more pleasant. Perhaps it would actually help nasty things like DXM containing cough syrup taste better. I'd love to experiment and find out.

Last edited:
I'm not really able to get any for a while unfortunately, but I thought it'd be a cool concept to consider....

Please read the forum guidelines OP. If you had read them to begin with, you would understand that what you've posted doesn't really have any part in any of our Harm Reduction forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.