• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Possible to taper off Opiates with Loperamide?

SeveralLayers

Greenlighter
I'm on a MMT program where I take 40mgs of methadone daily. And while Methadone Maintenance literally saved my life, after a few years of it I'm tired of having to go to this damn clinic every day. I mostly qualify for take-home bottles but my overdue bill there is astronomically high, so they won't do it. In terms of getting off, they do allow you to taper there but they only allow decreases in medication every 30 days because a lot of people try to do it too quick and just relapse... But with their "every 30 days" policy, I'll probably be there another 9 months.

I was wondering, how would I go about a DIY detox with Loperamide. I've tried Lope for mild W/Ds and it worked pretty well. I heard this stuff is stronger than people think and some people even get high off it:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/addicts-use-imodium-a-d-anti-diarrhea-medication-to-get-high/

And Prilosec supposedly helps it cross the BBB:

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/...y-addicts-to-create-heroin-like-high-20160507

Anyway, can I use this as a taper to get me away from these clinics?

Yes you can use it as a taper but I would recomend using kratom and loperamide alternating days. First can you get your MMT dose any lower before you jump off to the taper plan? The lower the better so the kratom and/or loperamide will be useful.

High dose loperamide is physically dangerous, I believe it's damaging to the heart in high doses. Kratom would be a better option than lope, although you have to be absolutely committed to the taper since kratom can be abused.

Yes you can use it as a taper but I would recomend using kratom and loperamide alternating days. First can you get your MMT dose any lower before you jump off to the taper plan? The lower the better so the kratom and/or loperamide will be useful.

I probably can, I'm just trying to get off because traveling to the cliic daily is a huge hassle and adds over an hour to my commute daily.

High dose loperamide is physically dangerous, I believe it's damaging to the heart in high doses. Kratom would be a better option than lope, although you have to be absolutely committed to the taper since kratom can be abused.

Okay man, thanks. The only thing i'm concerned about would be price... if I'm doing it daily, it would probably add up and when I looked up Kratrom last time it looked a little pricey to do my taper plan. Maybe I just have to find better sources.

Edit: Actually, do you have a sense of cross-dosing, where I can find any online resources? For example 30mgs of oxycodone = xx grams Kratrom. Or maybe it's in the mega thread.

Last edited:
Buy Bali powdered leaf, it's the best bang for your buck. It's very tough to say how much kratom equals how much of another opiate. I'd like to say that 9g's of Bali kratom equals like 30mg of oxy but it really depends on how you handle the kratom.

Either way kratom is a much better choice than lope in terms of health, just find a reliable source.

Sounds good, thanks.
Loperamide is stronger than Kratom in my opinion, so it will work better but will be harder to come off of if you happen to get stuck and use it for a month or so everyday. This is just from my experience and just my opinion on the two substances. On the cost Looeramide is cheaper but you can find extremely good Kratom for very reasonable prices, it's all about finding the right vendor/source. Swapping days between Kratom and Lope sounds like a good idea you will just have to stay disciplined to the plan. But if it's all about cost you can find Lope on the internet sold in bunches big enough that you would only need to make one purchase. I wish you good luck and hope it all works out for you.