• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Possible severe overdose! Help Please!

T.A.

Greenlighter
TL;DR
I've taken over the course of 10 hours:
45mg of Hydrocodone
200mg of Diphenhydramine
6,925mg of Acetaminophen
I have some tolerance to all of them .. Could I be okay and I'm just freaking myself out because I don't abuse drugs regularly? Or get the **** off the internet and to the hospital immediately?

Hello all! I think I may have messed up pretty badly .. I've been dealing with some extremely terrible tooth pain for about a week and a half I haven't been able to sleep for longer than an hour and I've just been miserable. I couldn't get into a dentist until yesterday and now of course I have to wait until the swelling goes down with the 300mg Clindamycin (I'm allergic to Amoxicillin) that she prescribed me before I can get this demon of a tooth ripped out of my skull and sent back to the bowels of hell where it belongs. I was also prescribed Hydrocodone/Acetaminophen 5-325mg TB as per the usual for dental work 1 tablet every 4 to 6 hours and whatnot. She actually wanted to pull the tooth yesterday even though my mouth was swollen because of how bad it is but I am my mothers caretaker so I really can't do anything like that on a whim without making sure I have meals prepared and her pills all set up first don't want to accidentally fall asleep and miss giving her her pills while I'm healing and taking Hydrocodone for a week or two. Anyway .. that appointment is set up for next week so not an issue anymore for me.

When I got home from the dentist and the pharmacy at around 5PM yesterday the first thing I did was take four of the Hydrocodone because the pain was getting so unbearable but not that big of an issue since I do have a little bit of a tolerance built up for it because of my acute pancreatitis and fatty liver (drinking heavily when I was younger got me into that boat for the rest of my life and now I can never have a drink again.) I waited for about 20 minutes and the Hydrocodone wasn't even touching the pain felt like someone was in my mouth flicking the nerve every minute so I took another one and still nothing .. basically this is where it starts getting really stupid of me .. I took two more pills and finally had some relief but it didn't last very long .. Alright I'm rambling too much here but in my defense im quite high. Basically I took 9 of them in all up to this point as I'm typing this. Still wasn't able to fall asleep because of pain even though I was light headed and drowsy I got the extremely stupid idea to take some Equate PM Acetaminophen/Diphenhydramine 500-25mg I took 3 of those...followed by another 5 when they weren't working .. Basically I've been an idiot all night and I know I have been.. I'm quite worried now because I am shaky and wobbly on my feet and I keep getting abdominal pains ..not bad ones but enough for me to notice and...it basically just feels like my brain isn't connected to my body at all its kind of a numb feeling where I know I'm moving but it doesn't feel right like I'm just .. disconnected. Honestly I do not do things like this often or really ever ..I'm scared of the way I'm feeling and scared to lay down in bed and fall asleep. I know this is very serious and I probably should just go to the ER .. But could it be that I'm just freaking myself out by thinking about it constantly just getting myself all worked up because I don't do these types of things often or abuse anything to get high? Do you think I might be fine or should I just drop everything and call an ambulance?

If you made it this far thanks for reading it all I was trying to keep my mind off of freaking out. Thank you for any help provided! There is a small silver lining to all of this and its that I don't have any pain at the moment..

Don't ever, ever, take fears of an overdose to the internet. If an overdose is actually occuring or going to occur imminently, then you simply don't have the time. If you'd like to guarantee your survival, then you need to contact medical personnel.

With that said, it's doubtful that your Opioid dosage alone would be lethal and although Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) is somewhat sedating, it's not going to contribute to lethal respiratory depression in any meaningful way. The Acetaminophen is probably your biggest worry here. You are approaching 7g in a single sitting, which very well could be enough to cause some level of permanent damage to your liver, time will tell.

If you plan on abusing Hydrocodone or other NSAID/Opioid combination products, you must become familiar with the process of Opioid Cold Water Extraction. I'm guessing, just by the sheer level of Acetaminophen that you've ingested, that you're not familiar with the process or even aware of its existence. Don't be put off by notions of complexity. It's on par with making a pot of coffee once you get it down. The process takes advantage of most Opioids' solubility in cold water and in turn, Acetaminophen's lack of solubility.

Google Cold Water Extraction for step by step instructions.