• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Possible Overdose

Mr31

Greenlighter
Ok quick, my friend has a decent tolerance to percocet and took 3 1/2 this morning 4 at 8 and 3 1/2 more just now and is shaking (hands) cant feel nose and barly limbs heart is pounding. will he be ok (percocwt 7.5)

If you think he's in danger you should consult the ER and not Bluelight.

Even with no tolerance I'd be surprised at an opiate OD with so little, but for all we know he has undiagnosed liver problems and the massive amount of tylenol is causing the problem.

btw its been over an hour since ingested and he havnt lost conciousness or felt super tired so he havnt od'd too bad correct?
the whole "cant feel my body" is freaky. does it sound too serious?

Dude, we are (mostly) not doctors and even if we were we couldn't determine over the internet if you're friend is ok. If in doubt please go to a hospital, or call a nurse hotline if there is something like that in Florida. Those are not usual symptoms of Percocet/oxycodone overdose. Obvious overdose symptoms are normally shallow breathing and slow heartbeat. The symptoms you described sound more like serotonin syndrome actually - has your friend been taking other drugs (whether prescribed or not)? There could be a drug interaction. Or a bad reaction to all the Tylenol in Percocet. Make sure you stay with your friend and monitor him.

EDIT: It might seem weird that I was asking about serotonin syndrome as one possibility, but the literature on Percocet overdoses and side effects warns about it (I assume since there have been cases of it reported when combining oxycodone with antidepressants, even though no one knows why this could happen)

Last edited:
Yeah it sounds more like seretonin syndrome then a conventional opiate overdose. Either way as many have stated before hand, if this is worrying you, you got to consult a doctor, it would be irresponsible for people on blue light, even ones that are doctors to give any other advice without checking you out in person.

I'm not a doctor, either, but I am an EMT. The symptoms you're describing are NOT those of an opoid OD. Were those prescription Percocet direct from a pharmacy, or black market stufff? Are you CERTAIN what he took WAS Percocet? Has he recently taken a lot of Acetominophen (like Tylenol)? Whatever, whether the symptoms are from something other than Percocet or from some other problem he has but doesn't know he has, it sounds like there may well be some kind of nuerological, or possibly cardiological, involvement. Either one would be potentially life threatening, and if I responded to a call and found someone with the signs you're reporting, he'd be immediately transported to the nearest ER. Your friend needs to get his butt to a Dr. Even if the symptoms go away, this is something that he needs to get checked out if he wants to be sure to stay alive a while.

Last edited:
Then again at least in my case if symptoms have improved even slightly and it's not an obvious issue they will me more reluctant to attempt to find an answer and rather say they don't know, share vague guesses, and discharge even if they know I'd be back in an hour after degrading after whatever treatment I receive again usually none as my issues somewhat chronic pain, but now much more complex than that.

Hope your friend is ok. If he is on some kind of antidepressant or SSRI, acute serotonin syndrome is definitely not out of the question. Obviously this post is far after the fact but please post back with how everything turned out.

The tremors sounds like his liver can't handle the amount of Tylenol he ingested.

Does his body feel cold also?